IGNORED

Finally Got The Kumho Mounted

jneed53

After much bother I finally got the Kumno beaded on the rim. The first tire would not come up all the way around on one side. The folks At Discount Tire swapped it for a new one. Same problem, but on the opposite side of the rim. After everyone pretty much gave up, I contacted a truck tire repair shop. At least he wasn't afraid to squeeze a bunch of air into it. Previously I had gone up to 100+ psi. He had a can of some really slick stuff called "Bead Breaker". That and about 120 psi or so and it finally popped on completely. Now, after about 15 miles of riding on it I think I'll have to play with the pressure. I am running 35 psi and when accelerating in a turn it feels like it wants to slip a bit. Maybe drop the pressure a few #s and try it again. Otherwise it's great.

John I have my Kumho Run Flat set at 32PSI, so far the Kumho is doing good, and due to the wide tread, the CT grips the road better and the brakes on the Wing will make you pucker up too, they will stop you on a dime with this Kumho. Get some miles on the tire and you will feel much better.

Let us Know how it turns out for you...

Buddy

About an hour prior to my "incident" :bang head: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=38354 - I had my Kumho mounted. I rode home from the tire shop, about 8 miles and the only thing I have to report at this point is that when swerving to miss a road kill I felt a little 'wiggle' in the rear. I don't consider that a problem because I deliberately forced a severe swerve just to feel the tire. I'm sure that when I put the Avon Cobra on the front, the wiggle will go away as the front and rear tires will be in 'sync' and the bike will absorb and react with the radials.

At least that's how my last Wing behaved with a set of Michelin Radials on it. At any rate, I feel safe and comfortable with my decision to go to THE DARK SIDE.:thumbsup:

Now all I have to do is be able to ride again. :smile5:

I'm still running at 40lbs on mine and it does so good that I'm hesitant to drop the pressure any. From what others say I guess I should try it.

I did drop to 34 or 36 not long after mounting it and it felt squirrelly to me. I pumped it back up to 40lbs-42lbs and it felt just like the a cycle tire with the best grip ever.