IGNORED

Bmw 1200 rt

jfoster

Great machine. I came VERY close to buying one last year (Dealer lied to me about price, raising it $1500 when I came in to buy over what he'd quoted me on the phone!) I got PO'd and bought an FJR.

With that said. it is NOT as comfortable as the Venture. They're quick and corner well, BUT they have nothing over an FJR, Connie, or Honda ST except a significantly larger pricetag. They're a very nice sport tourers, but they all will come up "short" comfortwise compared to a full boat tourer like the Venture. One of my big complaints on the whole "ST" group is that while they have power out the Wazoo, most of it is located WAY up in license endangering range. Run any of 'em "through the gears" and you'll find yourself WELL beyond warp factor one with a couple gears still to go. FUN, but....I've found I actually enjoy the Venture more and if I wanna do the twisties thing, my old 900SS Duck handles that pretty well.:thumbsup2:

Test Ride an RT for a good long distance before you decide to purchase to be sure that you and it are a "match". Good luck!!

I have a buddy who has had several of them, and the RT's are very nice bike. However they are not a full touring bike like the LT..

The RT gets fantastic mileage.. 52+...Comfortable with an upright seating position.

The engines are easy to adjust the valves on which is a positive as well...

The only real downside to Beemers is the repair portion.. dealers are much harder to find on trips. with honda, yamaha dealers on lots of corners, BMW dealers are more sparsley located.

I'd still rather ride my 1st gen