IGNORED

Don't know who screwed up

Black Owl

But I sure know who ended up getting a sweet deal.

As we are serving breakfast on Sat and Sunday morning at the Pork in the Pines this year, (which, by the way is free for all in attendance) I realized that I needed to get a large griddle on which to fix breakfast.

Had been checking prices, and the best price I could find for the griddle I wanted was $100.00 at Cabelas. This was the double burner Camp Chef cast iron walled griddle 15x32 inches.

Well, last night I was at Gander Mountain and decided to check their camping equipment. You know, just in case I saw something that I really, really didn't need at the right price.

Well, looking at their cast iron cookware, I see the Camp Chef Double griddle stuck in behind a bunch of other camp cooking equipment. No price on the box, so I ask the clerk working the section to check the price for me.

He pulls it up on the store computer and quotes me a price of $59.00. This about knocks my socks off, so I ask him to check again just to verify that he looked up the right one. Yep, he says $59.00.

Get to the check out, and the clerk scans the bar code and it comes up $79.00. This is still a great price, but I tell him the clerk in camping had checked the price and it was $59.00.

So, the cashier calls the clerk in camping who confirms that he told me the price was $59.00. They talk for a few minutes, and the cashier says, "OK, if that's the price you quoted him, I'll go ahead and do a mark down".

Couldn't get the plastic out fast enough.

So, now you folks have another reason to come to the 2009 Pork in the Pines Pig Roast. Besides the great food, free camping, getting to meet old friends and make new ones, you can stop by and marvel at my great deal on the griddle. :stirthepot:

Only 8 weeks to go and counting down.

If you haven't registered yet, you can register on line at www.porkinthepines.com

And remember, this year there is no admission charge. But donations will be graciously accepted. Heck, even if you decide you can't make it this year, we would still be more than happy to accept your donation to help us off set the expenses. :rotfl:

BTW: Just in case anyone was concerned, I finally got my Smilies working again.

:15_8_211[1]: :mytruck: