IGNORED

Possible fork damage

My wood brace slipped out and my bike fell forward down until the damper rod

bottomed out. Both cap bolts were out and the spacer and springs. I was removing

the drain plug on the right fork when it happened. Did I damage anything when

this happened. After securing the bike the correct way i proceeded to change the

oil in the right fork that went as planned. When I removed the drain plug on the

left fork the one with the TRAC anti-dive design nothing would come out. And yes

I even poured 100 cc in till it came to the top. Did i damage something or is it

some other issue. Thanks in advance.

danyoder50@comcast.net

I dont think you damaged anything, the forks are pretty stout. As far as changing the oil in the forks if I understood you right you said you were pulling the retaining bolts under the fork tubes. If thats the case your draining them from the wrong area. There are 2 phillips head screws on the back side of the lower tubes that you drain the fork oil from. Pull that one out and see what drains out, let us know how you do and we'll get you in the right direction.

Hi Squiddly,

Thanks for the reply. I drained the right fork okay. It was a 8mm hex head bolt the oil spued out at a strong horizontal stream. The left fork has a TRAC mechanism and I pulled the same bolt out and nothing came out. That is why I thought I damaged something. I have a 84 honda magna. I was told to stick a wire in the hole to see if it is clogged and I was told to pull the bottom SHCS that secures the damper rod. I have another question. The whole reason the bike fell in the first place was I was affraid to jack it up by applying pressure on the collector. The collector is below the frame about 1"

Thanks in Advance