IGNORED

Vacuume System/Carb Sync Curiousity

utadventure

My wife's cousin just bought a beautiful 1st gen Blondie (mkII) and we did a carb sync on it last night.

When I went to attach the Carbtune, the vacuum hose rather than attaching directly to the #2 cyl was split and connected to both #1 & #2. On the other side, there was a piece of hose that connected #3 & #4 together. It surprised me a bit? We synced it up and then put it back as we found it.

What effect, if any will this set up have on the operation? Should he put it back to stock?

Curious! :scratchchin:

Dave

I believe this is the Jason mod. I believe the effect was that it would have a little rougher idle but be better in the higher rev range... more power (poor man's V-Boost ;)).

Most here say that they don't notice much difference and most, I believe, put it back to stock after they try the mod.

Edited by gibvel

I believe this is the Jason mod. I believe the effect was that it would have a little rougher idle but be better in the higher rev range... more power (poor man's V-Boost ;)).

Most here say that they don't notice much difference and most, I believe, put it back to stock after they try the mod.

I would concur completely. I tried that on my '83 and got no noticeable change except a rough idle. I had more satisfaction with a smoother idle.

Joe