IGNORED

Need Some Info On Mounting C/T

jneed53

I've had it with the m/c tires . Am getting a Kumho for the rear and could use some advice on mounting it. I do not have a mounting machine and probably not the correct tools. My Metzler is missing a chunk. Sure wish I had a lift. If anyone near Dallas can help it would be appreciated.:255:

Guest curtismiller

J.The tire can be changed out wiyhout a lift if you have a come a long or hoist and something overhead to attach.Only a few simple tools are required.Some tire companies will mount it for you.One did mine for 7 bucks.There are some tricks that will help if you are going to mount it yourself.I live 30 miles below Waco.Get my no from my profile and call me if you like.Be careful with it cause it can bite. Curtis

I've had it with the m/c tires . Am getting a Kumho for the rear and could use some advice on mounting it. I do not have a mounting machine and probably not the correct tools. My Metzler is missing a chunk. Sure wish I had a lift. If anyone near Dallas can help it would be appreciated.:255:

I bought my BFG from Discount Tire and they mounted it for me no problem. Told them it was for my trike.

I don't know if this will help you, but the way I lift the bike to change the rear tire is, strap the frount end between two stable poles, I have 4 x 4 post in my shop, use 2 cycle straps on the frount forks, stand the bike up straight with the straps and then put a floor jack under the bike on the steel plate just in frount of the shock. then you can jack the rear up high enough to get the tire out.

Gregg

Footsie -- Yeah, the lifting method is good, but I do not have anything to attach straps to. Guess I'll just buy a jack for it.

Curtis -- When I finally get the wheel off, do you think the guy who mounted yours will do mine? The dealer I bought my tire from said he really didn't have the equipment, which doesn't make much sense to me. I go to Waxahachie at least twice a week to rehearse with my band, so a little extra drive is no problem.

Footsie -- Yeah, the lifting method is good, but I do not have anything to attach straps to. Guess I'll just buy a jack for it.

Curtis -- When I finally get the wheel off, do you think the guy who mounted yours will do mine? The dealer I bought my tire from said he really didn't have the equipment, which doesn't make much sense to me. I go to Waxahachie at least twice a week to rehearse with my band, so a little extra drive is no problem.

Don't know where you are in Dallas, but at Buckingham and N 1st st in Garland there is a little independent tire shop. They mounted my (rear) tire on the front wheel this weekend for $15. Couldn't balance it, but I use dynabeads, so I didn't care about that.

Guest curtismiller

J.I am sure they will do it.If not we now have a motorcycle tire breaker here and its easy to use.We can use a locking air chuck when inflating and stand way the hell back.LOL Give me a call and we will get er done.Also you will need to get it balanced.The yamaha place in Waco and Killeen will do it with a ct mounted as long as its off the bike.I ride fairly aggressive and the ct does fine. Curtis