IGNORED

AVON Tire Contact info

Big Hack

Did you contact SW moto tire yet? Just curious..I havnt had any trouble with the Avons but I do know alot are starting to have the same cracking issue. Id be interested in seeing what SW moto says??

Thanks Big Hack,and if you do talk to Avon let me know how they are handling it. I am gonna need tires and have a brand new set od E3s but I think I am gonna stay with Avons BUT If they treat Ya bad NO WAY. Tom (Nothing against E3s just like the higher wt rating on the rear tire)

I just got off the phone with Avon about my rear tire on my 1st gen. Dont waste your time with this company. She didnt even want my name and adress or any info about the proublum. I have big cracks in my tread area the air was kept up the tire is 2 yrs old and less than 5000 miles. Avon gave me the run around on the phone. I will never buy another AVON tire.

Bull 463

my front tire is cracking after only 700 mile, Installed Nov 2008 , has Mfg date of 4307.

Big Hack

Just something to consider, a tire that has been on a bike 2 years should be about due for replacement no matter how many miles on it.

I guess you didn't read the initial post, close enough. The tire was installed last November (8 months ago).....:2cents:

I've had several Honda's; I'm new to these Ventures - mine is an '83 with 33,000 miles a couple of months ago when I bought it - almost 35,400 miles now - I commute on it to work 25 miles each way - going up to a daily 100 mile round trip commute in August. It's pretty rough - I have to ride through a great canyon and around a beautiful reservoir to get to work! lol.

Anyways, I have Dunlops on it, and Rick @ Buckeye performance was telling me about 3 weeks ago that these bikes really like Avons, and to pay extremely close attention to the mfg date (so they are new, new). If Avon looks like they are crapping out on us, what's good to put on them as an excellent alternative?

Doug

Guest HdHtr

Quite a few of us have experienced this problem. I had both front and rear crack significantly on a brand new set of Venoms. I contacted:

Jesse Priel

Avon Customer Service

c/o Hoppe & Assoc, Inc.

PO. Box 5112

Lynnwood, WA 98046 USA

Tel: 800-624-7470, Fax: 425-771-4246

Avon replaced both tires and it included mounting and balancing at a local Yamaha dealer here in my area. Avon worked directly with me and with the dealer I selected to install the tires. They were easy to work with, professional and really worked hard to keep me as a customer. I was very satisfied with their responses, actions and service.

progress.gif edit.gif

Quite a few of us have experienced this problem. I had both front and rear crack significantly on a brand new set of Venoms. I contacted:

Jesse Priel

Avon Customer Service

c/o Hoppe & Assoc, Inc.

PO. Box 5112

Lynnwood, WA 98046 USA

Tel: 800-624-7470, Fax: 425-771-4246

Avon replaced both tires and it included mounting and balancing at a local Yamaha dealer here in my area. Avon worked directly with me and with the dealer I selected to install the tires. They were easy to work with, professional and really worked hard to keep me as a customer. I was very satisfied with their responses, actions and service.

progress.gif edit.gif

+1 To this. I had e-mailed some pictures of my front one as it was bad (I am actually in the process of getting my rear one replaced now). I know a lot of people on here have had a lot of good luck with the Avons, but I am not seeing it... I'm going to go with this next 'free' tire and if this crap happens again, I'm back to Dunlop E3s...

I had e-mailed Avon and they e-mailed me back within 5 working days or so basically saying print off the e-mail that had a name and phone number on it and to take to to whatever tire/dealer I wanted, show them the e-mail and have them call and it would all get taken care of.

I guess it could have something to do with the tire rep and/or parts manager at my local dealership too, but I brought in that e-mail and it took them about 5 minutes (they photocopied the e-mail, called the number and spoke to the rep for only about [literally] 3 minutes hung up and said they've got a tire on the way. Next day I dropped off my scoot and picked it up at the end of the day with a new shoe. Minimal hassel.

My rear tire is splitting now (around the rim). I went to my dealer first this time and they are waiting to hear back from Avon (it has been ~10 days now) -- I too fired an e-mail off to them earlier today... So whatever. It may be taking longer because my dealer said that he would try to get Avon to cover the cost of a tire of my choice so that they could put E3s on for me - so we'll see. (Crazy enough, I didn't even get the tires or the scoot from this dealership... They are a Honda dealership, but they just are so darn good at what they do they earned my business with my RSV too)

Anyways this is probably more than $0.02 worth, but I didn't force you to read it :-P

btw I emailed the general customer service info thingy: info@avonmotorcycleusa.com

Good luck with yours!

Rick M.

Rocket,

I read the post, the comment I referred to was just above my post. Bull463 had his on for 2 years, that IMO is a long time for a motorcycle tire to be in service. Big Hack does have a problem but Avon seems to stand behind their product. Unfortunately like anything else if you get a bad dealer you will have a bad experience.

SW Moto (ERIK)sent back a reply Monday 11:30AM saying that they were going to warranty the tire themselves. They asked if I had the receipt and all I have is the receipt from the shop that mounted it.

So I will see what happens next and will let you all know.

Thanks

BIG HACK

I found my receipt for my tires, I purchased them from American Moto Tire not SWMoto. So I have sent an apology letter to SWMoto and fired one off to AMT. I guess since I'm so shook up about my Blue baby not running, I'm majorly brain farting. I will keep you updated.:crying:

Got a reply back from American Moto;

Hello Mr. Hacker,

Thank you for your order. We apologize on behalf of Avon if you are having

an issue with one of their tires. We can inspect and replace the tire for

you if deemed defective. Since a year has passed, we will have to ask that

you send the tire back to us using the address below. Please be sure to

write RET93101 on the package, preferably near the address. Once we receive

the tire, it will be inspected and replaced as necessary. If you do not wish

to wait for this process, you can also order a new tire and have it shipped

ASAP, and send the old one back to us for a refund. This way is quicker as

you can get a new tire on its way to you without delay. Please let us know

which option you would like to take. Thanks again.

Regards,

Randy

American Motorcycle Tire

RET93101

7702 E. Gray Rd., Suite 101

Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Well I don't know what I'm gonna do, I think it stinks to be without a tire for a couple weeks, and I still don't know what the final tab is yet for pickup coil repair.:nanner: