IGNORED

So heres a question

Black Owl

Hopefully by now most members are aware that Minnesota will be once again hosting the Pork in the Pines Pig Roast over the 2009 Labor day week end (visit www.porkinthepines.com)

The guest of honor has been invited, and I am currently working on some of the other mundane issues. One of those issues involves the menu for the free breakfast on Saturday morning.

In another thread, Sarges46 mentioned that he "loved" biscuits. This got me to thinking. (I know... really dangerous.) Anyway, I was thinking, would it be possible to include biscuits and gavy on the menu.

Would take a bit more work and require that I get up really early, but if enough folks were interested, I think we could do it.

So, the question is... How many folks planning on being at the Pork in the Pines breakfast would like to have biscuits and gravy?

Right now, breakfast will include

Eggs cooked to order (as long as you order scrambled)

Sausages

Hot cakes (or pancakes)

Fried taters

Toast

Coffee

Remember, this years PIP is free for all attendees (A donation jar will be set up for those that would like to make a donation to help is cover the costs).

As always, there will be plenty of free camping space... (B ut the choice sites are going quick)

For that you will get:

Chili social meet and greet Friday night

Breakfast Saturday morning

Rosted hog with all the fixins Saturday night

Free cigars (Thanks to Juggler) at the bonfire Saturday night

Breakfast Sunday morning (if I can get a sponsor)

Pulled Pork Sandwiches Sunday evening

We will also be doing a bike service workshop and Brandi (Crows Nest) has graciously volunteered her bike for a pipe tuning...

So, let me know about the biscuits and gravy as the cook (who can get really obnoxious if he is caught short) will need some additional time to :stirthepot: up the biscuits....

Thanks to all who have registered to date, and if you're considering coming up this year and have not registered, please do so now to give us a handle on how many to expect.

Again, registration can be done at www.porkinthepines.com Or just give us a heads up here.

Black owl

:mytruck:

Dang Mike, I was just thinking the same thing! Maybe Russ can get into the mail order catering biz!

So Allan,

Is this your gentle way of saying you're not going to make it again this year.

You keep threatening to show up... but so far we are still waiting.

And Red Neck, would be more than willing to send yah biscuits and gravy overnight. Just aftaid that the package would probably arrive empty as there would be no way to keep the savory odor of the contents from wafting out. Then the pilots/crew would get so hunger they would have to raid the package.

So, in an effort to keep them honest, maybe it would be better if you just jumped on your scoot and hauled Azz up to the Pork in the Pines. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/lol6.gif http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/lol5.gif

Not a whole lot of response to the question. So, thought I would bump it up again.

If there is no more interest in having biscuits and gravy on the breakfast menu than has already been posted, we will just remove it.

Takes a lot of time, effort, and expense to make the biscuits.

So folks it's up to you. YES or NO on the biscuits and gravy for breakfast at the Pork in the Pines?