IGNORED

Looking for a windshield - Do YOU have one collecting dust?

LilBeaver

Hello all:

I am looking for a windshield for my 2001 RSV. I would prefer one that is near stock height (+ /- an inch or 2 is okay) that is in reasonable condition. A vent would be a plus, but at this point I am not really going to be extraordinarily picky.

I am, of course, willing to pay a fair price for what you've got (although I wouldn't argue with a donation either ;) )

So if you have changed windshields and have an extra one collecting dust - please let me know.

For those of you that have purchased a clearview shield and took off the plastic before you realized that you probably wanted something else, now is a good chance for you to get the shield that you've been wanting while letting your older one go to a good home!

I was hoping to get a new vented clearview but I just cannot quite make that happen at the 200 bucks just yet (not to mention the 4-6 week wait time -- since I am looking to go on a trip in a few weeks) so I was hoping that someone may have something in reasonable shape that they would be willing to part with.

Let me know if you have something laying around or whatever. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!

Rick M.

Lilbeaver...you know you can purchase a Honda Goldwing vent off of E-bay for about $40.00 and cut it into the windshield and you will have a windshield with a vent like the clearview?

Haven't found any quite that cheap, but yes I did know that we could do that. I also looked at the snap-in round vents that some other folks use.

I am looking for a new (to me) shield because mine is very difficult to see through... It looks like the previous owner cleaned it with 80 grit sand paper daily. (Okay it isn't really THAT bad... I have spent several hours polishing and it has gotten much better -- but I still cannot see clearly with oncoming traffic at night or when the sun is low in the sky coming through the shield).

But yea -- Thanks anyways for the tip! :)

- Rick M.

I also have a Wider stock height windshield Yamaha offers BUT the holes to mount have cracks at the mounting holes..It was working fine on my bike but I bought a Clearview..

Hey Rick, The windshied was sent out today UPS. It is supposed to be delivered on July 7th. Chris

Chris:

Awesome! I cannot thank you enough.

Donation made!

(When I get back in the states I will reimburse you for the shipping too -- Which incidentally will be on July 7th)

- Rick M.

Hello all:

I am looking for a windshield for my 2001 RSV. I would prefer one that is near stock height (+ /- an inch or 2 is okay) that is in reasonable condition. A vent would be a plus, but at this point I am not really going to be extraordinarily picky.

I am, of course, willing to pay a fair price for what you've got (although I wouldn't argue with a donation either ;) )

So if you have changed windshields and have an extra one collecting dust - please let me know.

For those of you that have purchased a clearview shield and took off the plastic before you realized that you probably wanted something else, now is a good chance for you to get the shield that you've been wanting while letting your older one go to a good home!

I was hoping to get a new vented clearview but I just cannot quite make that happen at the 200 bucks just yet (not to mention the 4-6 week wait time -- since I am looking to go on a trip in a few weeks) so I was hoping that someone may have something in reasonable shape that they would be willing to part with.

Let me know if you have something laying around or whatever. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!

Rick M.

If you call Clearview they sometimes have 2nds for a reduced price also. I got mine that way for my 2003 and it was significantly cheaper and I never did find the blemish.

I also have a OEM shield that I would let go for a donation to the site and shipping to me.

If you call Clearview they sometimes have 2nds for a reduced price also. I got mine that way for my 2003 and it was significantly cheaper and I never did find the blemish.

I also have a OEM shield that I would let go for a donation to the site and shipping to me.

Thanks a lot! Chris has me taken care of though.

I actually did contact clearview, (they are some nice folk, by the way). Unfortunately, the best they could do on a 2nd was 185 not including the ~20 it would cost to have it shipped to me. :-\

I am looking forward to being able to see where I am going though!

You can also order the vent from Clearview. You have to call, though, they will sell it to you but they don't have it as an item online. I think the Clearview vent is shorter than the Goldwing one.

Lilbeaver...you know you can purchase a Honda Goldwing vent off of E-bay for about $40.00 and cut it into the windshield and you will have a windshield with a vent like the clearview?

I'm looking for a second complete windshield with brackets for my RSTD. Anyone have one? Condition of the shield doesn't matter, it's the brackets I really want.

Hey Lil Beav, I got 2 stock ones,and you can have one. Ill just steal cb daves idea.:lightbulb:If you want it make a donation to Freebird and the site. If i can help just let me know. Chris