The bike just died, Jeff is trying to help any buddy else want in.

Head light, dash, tail, turn work. Jumped starter relay starter worked.

will check kick stand, kill switch and emergency and starter relays.

any other ideas. Did 600 M trip to WV ran fine :confused24:, Thanks Dale

The beast left us sitting on the side of the hwy going to Alabaster Caverns in Northern Okla. earlier this year.First thing I thought of was the kickstand due to so many talking how it would kill the motor going down the road.So I unhooked the pigtail from the kickstand sensor and jumped all three wires to each other and it started right up,and is still hooked this way no problems.

Try jumping the three wires together in the pigtail and see how it does.? hope it is something simple.

Buddy

I check the side stand down resistance up no resistance.

Kill switch off resistance on no resistance. the full pump is not clicking i crossed the connections to the side stand still no full pump click. that is what I have for now I will continue to check relays.:confused24:

Dale

hdroyer; I'd check the engine stop switch again. See if there is a voltage drop across it. My '83 put me on the side of the road when it just stopped running. All other electrical worked and fuses checked out OK. I actuated the stop switch a couple of times and the bike fired up and didn't miss a beat on the 1000 mile trip home. (I was a little nervous) I had been having starting problems after washing. It turned out the contacts were nasty and I bypassed the switch and soldered the leads together. My .02 worth. Ride safe, Steve

Update on Dales bike it is now fixed it turned out that the R/W wire for the ignition fuse had a bad connection at the crimped end to the wire. After a few phone calls and a couple of try this with a jumper wire we narrowed it down and found the problem.Dale had checked the fuses and checked for power on both sides of the fuses. So now we have a new file for our memory banks in case this happens to someone else the way we found the problem was me asking him to check for voltage at different points and we found out that the r/w wire that should have had power going to the fan switch had none so I had him make a jumper up and go to the starting circuit shutoff relay and the bike fired up so I had him skin the wire just after the fuse and jump power over the fuse and the bike now runs.

Now all he has to do is put the plastic back on the bike and install an inline fuse.

He also has to take a 100 mile test ride just to make sure the bike is fully operational.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff :happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::dancefool: Jeff you the man!!!!!!!!!!

With out your patience and persistence, I would still be looking for the problem. Thinking the ignition circuit was good the meter giving me 12.V on the circuit. thank you thank you.

Dale