I thought I had a slave cylinder leaking on my clutch, so I put on a new one that Steve (SGN) gave me that came with the bike he bought. I put it on and after I got the bike back together, under it was one of the copper washers for the bango fitting that had fallen off as I assembled the fitting.

And, since it was still leaking, I pulled the bango and put the washer on. Well, it is still leaking down. After cleaning everything real good with brake cleaner and air. I have found that the leak is coming from where the hose goes into the bango fitting at the slave.

I have never seen this come up before, but does anyone have one of the 6-8 inch hoses that goes from the slave to the metal tube under the engine?

RandyA

WIsh I would have read this Thursday nite, I was at a local dealers "yard sale" yesterday and they had a whole box full of hoses with banjo fittings that they were trying to give away.........

Randy I'm pretty sure I have one but can't get to it. Warden watching close and won't let me do much. I did get out to start "UGLY" today. You don't want to hear what she thought of that. Someone here should have one of those things. If not it will be a few days before I can dig it out.

I believe I have one as I just replaced mine with steel braided hoses. I will make sure I havent thrown it away but I am sure it is just sitting in the drain pan right now. You can have it for just shipping cost as I was just going to toss it. It is off a 89 so it is 20 years old but it wasnt leaking.

Let me know.

Rick F.

I did find something I can use for awhile and Rick if you have yours, I am interested in getting it.

I know I have one somewhere that came off the 86 parts bike I tore down, but I can not find it. I did find a brake caliper that had the same type hose with the same ends, but it was about 2 inches shorter. I ended up taking my line loose at the goose neck and straightened it some to extend it and have put that one on. I do want to put the right one on though.

Thanks to those that responded.

RandyA

are you sure it's the hose? usually it's the copper washers leaking. They can be, but should not be reused if spare NEW washers are available. Also you need to torque the slave bolt to ~18ft/lbs. I went SS on mine and NEW washers.

are you sure it's the hose? usually it's the copper washers leaking. They can be, but should not be reused if spare NEW washers are available. Also you need to torque the slave bolt to ~18ft/lbs. I went SS on mine and NEW washers.

I wish, but it is the hose. I cleaned everything with brake cleaner and pulled the clutch in and put a plastic tie on it. The fluid is coming out where the rubber goes up into the fitting. The fitting is dry to the hose.

RandyA

Randy, I do have mine. Let me know where to send it and I will get it in the mail sometime this week. Mine is ok with no leaks, I just replaced all my hoses with Buckeyes steel braided hoses due to the age of mine. They are off a 89 VR and look original.

Rick F.

If you still need one, I have my old ones from when I replaced mine with braided SS as well. You'd need to tell me which one, and how long, as there are several pieces. I think it's a real short one to the solid tubbing along the frame.

That being said, I'll bet that the problem is not necessarily with the brake line, but the slave cylinder itself.

When I replaced my lines, I took the slave and master cylinders apart and put new seal kits in. The slave cylinder was especially nasty. krud & corosoin.

Rick from Buckeye performance told me it was due to the engine heat. He recommends complete clutch fluid bleeding every year or so. Just watch out for the brake fluid. Makes a mess of the plastic radio controls.

You wouldn't think it is possible, but if you twist the slave cylinder just right, it slips right out without much effort, once the middle gear cover is off.

John.