IGNORED

I got my Utopia backrest

Hummingbird

Got the backrest today via UPS. It took me longer to get a drill and bit than it did to install it. The only criticism I might have is that there was no lock nut on the screw to adjust the forward/backward setting. Since it was VERY easy to turn the screw by hand, I wonder if it will vibrate and continually be out of adjustment ?? Not really a big deal, should be able to find a nut at the local hardware.

It sure is PURTY tho --

Ive had mine on for about 500 miles and it hasn't moved on it's own. Pressure must keep it in place. As a matter of fact, I like that I can reach back, pull the backrest forward a bit and make on the fly adjustments if I need to; and after a while it the saddle I sometimes do!

Ive had mine on for about 500 miles and it hasn't moved on it's own. Pressure must keep it in place. As a matter of fact, I like that I can reach back, pull the backrest forward a bit and make on the fly adjustments if I need to; and after a while it the saddle I sometimes do!

Maybe I'll try that. You gotta give me a break though. I rode HD's for 18 years, and if that backrest showed up without a lock nut, I'm sure I thought it was just forgotten, cus it never would have stayed in place on anything I owned before. I do enjoy the fact that I can push the bike out in the cold weather and let it warm up without my gloves and stuff bouncing off the seat.

Later, Scooter Bob

I put 12,000 miles on a venture with a utopia and never had the bolt to move on its own.

We are talking about a yamaha not a harley, my friends harley we locktight ever bolt on it. If not they vibrate out. Of course the venture does have some vibration, I did lock tight the trunk bolts on mine.

Gregg

Had mine for 2 years and 49,000 miles without a problem. It is intentionally done like that so you can make one handed adjustments while sitting on the bike. I adjust mine for the different jackets I might be wearing at the time. I also make an adjustment while on a long ride just to get a different feel in the saddle.

You will have no problems with the adjustment screw unless you have it all the way up and then it might vibrate out, but if it's that high you wouldn't need it in there anyway.

No nut with mine either but to play it safe (cause I did notice a little unscrewing with mine), I put some plumber's tape around the screw and then threaded it in. Only had it 2 months but haven't noticed it budge since.

Bluez :cool17: