IGNORED

Relisted again. What you think??

Yammer Dan

I had a parts store for 14 yrs and as much as saab has built nice vehicles once they near that 80 to 100000 mile mark things tend to ware out or brake. The after market has a lot of replacement parts (napa, carquest, zone, pep boys) but found out through experience many or the aftermarket parts were different just enough they would not give proper readings for the computer to set the car right. i.e. temp switches, fan switches, injectors, alts., voltage reg.) Just enough of a difference it was better getting the parts for customers from the dealer not to have further issues. Also the difference is enough you should not have the corner mechanic do much work on one unless saab trained and the dealer is as expensive as a bmw or mercedes. Don't want to rain on you parade, just thought you might be interested in knowing my experience. There are very good ones out there same as bmw and mercedes but when something goes wrong expecially electrical it can be expensive to repair. It is difficult to find knoweledgable mechanics when traveling the back roads, small towns, bigger cities 100000 or so that should not be a problem. Then again this car may not have problems for many miles or years. Emisson sniff the radiator while open and the car running and warm. The sniffer can tell if you get high readings there may be a head gasket leak. Good Luck, and always have them checked by a qualified certified mechanic.

I do 99 per cent of my work myself. Saabs are a little differeent but I love blowing the doors off the unspecting!!

Surgery is going to happen Tuesday if I can get swelling down Squeeze! It is blown up pretty good. I stay on back for day get it down a little go to bathroom and it blows right back up.

Well, Dan, I'm sorry to hear. So, would you please do what the Doc said and get that Surgery done ?

I know, don't answer that, I'm guilty as charged myself in this Matter, but there's no Sense in making this Ordeal longer than it should.

I had a parts store for 14 yrs and as much as saab has built nice vehicles once they near that 80 to 100000 mile mark things tend to ware out or brake. The after market has a lot of replacement parts (napa, carquest, zone, pep boys) but found out through experience many or the aftermarket parts were different just enough they would not give proper readings for the computer to set the car right. i.e. temp switches, fan switches, injectors, alts., voltage reg.) Just enough of a difference it was better getting the parts for customers from the dealer not to have further issues. Also the difference is enough you should not have the corner mechanic do much work on one unless saab trained and the dealer is as expensive as a bmw or mercedes. Don't want to rain on you parade, just thought you might be interested in knowing my experience. There are very good ones out there same as bmw and mercedes but when something goes wrong expecially electrical it can be expensive to repair. It is difficult to find knoweledgable mechanics when traveling the back roads, small towns, bigger cities 100000 or so that should not be a problem. Then again this car may not have problems for many miles or years. Emisson sniff the radiator while open and the car running and warm. The sniffer can tell if you get high readings there may be a head gasket leak. Good Luck, and always have them checked by a qualified certified mechanic.
Dan is a collector of problem vehicles.

That car will look right at home parked among his first gen colection in the front yard with the hood up.:stirthepot:

Dan that is a cute little car if thats what you want go for it.

Hood up?? On a Saab?? How do you get it up?? Rarely have to work on them. They just make it interesting when you do.... Not really sure what it is worth. But I might take a shot at it. First time in a lot of years I have no transportation. Buick wasn't my only car everyone knows I have a Saab( I Think) Clutch went south on me during the winter so I figured it was job for summer. Now I can't handle that job but got to have some wheels!!! If it don't go over 5k I would be stealing it in my opinion.

Edited by Yammer Dan

It is up to 3700 I think. What do you think is a good price for this one. I talked to them and reserve is over 6k but I think it is worth that. Have no idea what it would book for but think it might make me a good retirement car. Only 3 hrs left. Should have got someone around Paris Island to check it out.