IGNORED

Used Avon - many miles left - shipping only

Missionary Rider

Back in March I took a perfectly good Avon (Stock size) off the front of my RSMV because we had planned a 3,000 mile ride to Key West dragging the trailer and I wanted to start with a new tire. There was snow on the ground the day we were to leave and we ended up caging it :crying:

Bottom line - I have an Avon that I think has at least 3,000 miles left in it and it is yours if you want it. Just cover the UPS shipping. In fact, if you get the tire and it's not what you expected, I'll reimburse the shipping charge. How can you beat that?? OR come by Little Rock, Arkansas, and pick it up. No charge at all. :thumbsup2:

This ought to be a fantastic deal for any of you guys who mount your own tires or have a friend to do it for you. I don't have that option and that's the reason the tire is available.

Lynn

Got any pictures of that tire? 3,000 miles is not really much left, considering how much effort goes into changing tires, especially since front tires commonly last well over 20,000.

I'll be riding by next week on the way to Don's maintenance day; if the tire looks good enough I'd consider dragging it along.

Goose

Goose,

I thought about the fact that you might pass through on the way do MD. I'm on the bike in Henderson, Texas but will be home tomorrow night. I'll shoot a px and see if I can remember how to post it. 3,000 miles is a conservative estimate - my tendancy. Otherwise, I wouldn't have removed a perfectly good tire.

Whether you take the tire or not, I'd welcome the opportunity to buy you a meal as you pass through.

Lynn