IGNORED

Ride For Dad

Sailor

Had a good ride Sunday. Went to Victoria for the "Ride for Dad" to raise funds for prostate cancer research. They had about 800 bikes and raised over $100,000.00 for research. They closed the streets through Victoria so we could run out to Ogden point then start the poker run through Saanich. My three queens weren't even in the running. On average two men a week die of prostate cancer just on Vancouver Island, in Canada it is 12 per week. The numbers have to be much higher in the US just due to higher population. There are about 20 cities in Canada that have this run. They are expecting about 2000 bikes in Vancouver next week. Get that PSA test every year, it can save your life, it saved mine.

I'm going on the Motorcycle Ride for Dad Sunday the 31st of May in Vancouver. The Ride for Dad raises funds for cancer research and education. I'm riding for my second year and have a modest goal of $500, if you feel so inclined, you can make a donation through my page at the link posted below.

http://www.cgiottawa.com/ERDS/Donation.aspx?evt=22&i=409764

Had a good ride Sunday. Went to Victoria for the "Ride for Dad" to raise funds for prostate cancer research. They had about 800 bikes and raised over $100,000.00 for research. They closed the streets through Victoria so we could run out to Ogden point then start the poker run through Saanich. My three queens weren't even in the running. On average two men a week die of prostate cancer just on Vancouver Island, in Canada it is 12 per week. The numbers have to be much higher in the US just due to higher population. There are about 20 cities in Canada that have this run. They are expecting about 2000 bikes in Vancouver next week. Get that PSA test every year, it can save your life, it saved mine.

I'll be at the Vancouver ride (we were there last year too)... and, the first week of June I will be getting my test done!

Good post guys, we have our ride for dad this Sun 31st and it will have a special significance this year as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer the beginning of March. I saw the surgeon today and have been schedualed to have robotic surgery first of Nov...health system moves slow....as you guys have said, get your PSA tests done, not fool proof but a good indicator of something going on.

Ian

Edited by ibents

• 11 months later...

I managed to get May 15 off so I'll be attending The Motorcycle Ride for Dad in Victoria again. Anyone else going, besides Sailor and me? Suggestions on how we can meet up in the crowd?

Not sure but i believe the Ride for Dad in Vancouver has changed to Ride to Live and is on the 30th of may this year. i heard a story about how all the monies collected goes back to Ontario and some people were unhappy about that so there doing the Ride to Live instead and the monies collected goes to local research . http://www.ridetolive.ca/