Hello all, new to this forum -- I own a 83 Venture Royale -- love the bike, but have ran into the famous secound gear problem.

I need to know if there is a gear kit that can be ordered for this and where in canada is the best place to get these parts at a reasonable price.

I live on the East Coast.

thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know about Canada but send an email to Rick H. at Buckeye Performance in Ohio. Rick's the man to talk to on parts for these bikes. He's a member here and always a world of help when you're into a project like that. Not to mention a discount for members.

I buy all my stuff from him. Never let me down.

His e-mail addy: info@buckeyeperformance.com

Mike

It's pretty much just replacing a thrust washer to fix it, and maybe cut some teeth on the gear, but you have to split the casing to do it, which means pull the engine. Definate winter project. For now just skip thru 2nd and enjoy riding while you can. You won't really do any further damage for now...

Thanks for the info guys have sent a E-mail off to Rick.

I will prob do repair as soon as i can get required parts -- i hate not having the full use of secound gear and it makes the bike look bad when riding with my friend on his old Harley and my secoud gear slipping. LOL ( can,t let him pull away from me ):stickpoke: