IGNORED

Am I the only one?

Bubbajbi

I usually run Shell gasoline in my bike (91 octane by choice only) and the bike runs just fine. Occasionally I will fuel up elswhere but there seems to be a great deal of shell stations around here. However, the last long trip I took (about 800 miles) I used my Mobil credit card and filled up there exclusively the whole trip. I noticed that the further into my trip the more the bike started running rough. I thought it needed new plugs or maybe a tune-up but after running just two tanks of Shell gasoline through it, the bike seems to be running just fine. Has anyone else experienced this or am I all alone? This doesn't happen it my truck or my wife's minivan. Is Mobil fuel of a lower quality?

:confused24:

I usually run Shell gasoline in my bike (91 octane by choice only) and the bike runs just fine. Occasionally I will fuel up elswhere but there seems to be a great deal of shell stations around here. However, the last long trip I took (about 800 miles) I used my Mobil credit card and filled up there exclusively the whole trip. I noticed that the further into my trip the more the bike started running rough. I thought it needed new plugs or maybe a tune-up but after running just two tanks of Shell gasoline through it, the bike seems to be running just fine. Has anyone else experienced this or am I all alone? This doesn't happen it my truck or my wife's minivan. Is Mobil fuel of a lower quality?

:confused24:

but I don't use Mobil. I think I might have told you when we were having breakfast in Isleton about my experience up at VWlll last year in Susanville. Everybody was buying Shell up there except me. I was buying gas about a mile up the road from a gippo outfit, and whatever gas they were selling, I thought I had just bougth a new bike. Where the bike vibrated before, that was completely gone. Where my mileage was so-so at around 40 mpg, the trip around Lake Almanor was pretty slow, but I averaged 50 mpg that day, as my 99 RSV hadn't even gone on reserve after 205 miles, then 55 mpg on our way home. Seems most gas stations give me the same mileage, but that's at sea-level. Susanville is not that high, but maybe the conditions were just right in order for me to get such great mileage. When we take our trip through there next month, I'm going to stop and ask what gas their using, and I hope I get an answer. But even with the right gas, your bike still needs to have the carbs snyc. and plugs kept changed, anything could start happening to make your bike run rough. It was a great trip around the lake, here's a few pic's, the first at a rest stop before we went through Chester, the second one on Hwy 89 between Chester and Canyon Dam on the way to Quincy, and the third pic where we stopped and had lunch in Quincy. :mustache:

Rich