IGNORED

Myrtle Beach

SteveW

Anyone going to be in Myrtle Beach this weekend ????

We plan on rideing over with Dennis and his wife if anyone wants to meet up.

my # is 770-630-0973 if your going to be there give me a shout.

Everyone have a safe Holiday and keep the rubber side down

Steve

Actually, we are going your way, going to Alabama

If the bike week this weekend was anything like the last week's bike week, it was boring, but at least you did not feel trampled. Also, while in MB, they are issuing tickets if not wearing a helmet and for loud exhaust. Over 1100 tickets were issued in MB last week.

I may or may not be around this weekend. If I am and if back will cooperate, I'll sure try to hook up with you. Anywhere other than MB proper should be fine. I don't mean to seem petty, but I refuse to spend a dime in MB city, plus right now it's heartburn central. They're just looking for excuses to hand out tickets. Helmets without DOT stickers on them, questionable pipes, etc., ad nauseum! They'll even get you if your glasses aren't right and you do have to have them...seriously.

Also, they doing traffic stop checkpoints, which by all accounts are nothing but a gigantic pain in the backside....especially considering where they doing them. I kid you not! Two of them are at hwy 501 & hwy 17 bypass on Sat. & again on Sun. Last week those numbskulls did the one at 501 & 17 bypass on Friday afternoon on the incoming lanes during rush hour. Idiots! Talk about some ticked off cagers.....Very few bikers, because the most of them weren't going into Myrtle Beach and had already peeled off on 31 going N & S. A lot of business owners are fuming over the whole mess. Some have said they may end up going out of business because of it. Personally, I find all of it an embarrassment. Anyway......

Here’s the schedule for the checkpoints:

12:00 to 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 20, on Ocean Boulevard, between Eighth and Ninth Avenues North

10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Friday, May 22, on Farrow Parkway at Warbird Park

10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Saturday, May 23, on US 501 South, at US 17 (the “bypass”)

1:00 to 3:00 p.m., Sunday, May 24, on US 501 South, at US 17 (the “bypass”)

Travel safe, have fun! Hope I get to see y'all. :12101:

Well thanks for all the Info. its been about 3 years since we have been there and I guess it will be alot longer till we go again. Now where to go. Might just head up the Blue ridge parkway and see what we can see.

Have a safe one all.

Steve