I got stalled last week on the hyway : my ignition fuse blowed.

My side stand relay does not work : I can start my stand down on first gear.

I do not know where is my short circuit but when motor is warm and I am at fourth gear, motor start to misfire and if I dont slow down, it blow my ignition fuse.

Any idea ?

Happen to anyone ?

Thank you ?:puzzled:

On the side stand starting problem, make sure the spring on the clutch lever is long enough to push the clutch lever all the way out. That will complete the curcuit to not allow the bike to start with the side stand down.

Do you still have the old fuse box on your bike? If you do then you need to change it to a blade type. The old type will allow the fuse to be loose causing it to blow.

RandyA

I own a 1984 Royal Venture Yamaha.

When I remove the seat, there is 2 wires under the seat, one covered with a rubber pad kind of.

You know what is the purpose of this wire ?

Thank you !

S.Brousseau

Drummondville, Quebec, Canada:bang head:

When I remove the seat, there is 2 wires under the seat, one covered with a rubber pad kind of.

You know what is the purpose of this wire ?

This is the fuel level sensor.

Hope this helps.

Brian H.

There are about 7 Items fed power from that fuse. If I can remember them all.

1. TCI---

2. All 4 Ignition Coils, primary windings, Which get a grd signal from the TCI to fire each plug.

3. The fuel pump relay

4. The Fuel pump.

5. The Intake " Pressure Sensor," that sends timeing signal to TCI.

( find the pressure sensor, fwd, and above the lft , Fwd, Carb. ( pull out the heat shield over two fwd cylinders if installed to get access )

OR, just follow the Vaccume hose from the #2 Cylinder, up to the Pressure Sensor.

Remove the rubber boot over the elect. plug on the sensor, It might be full of water and crud, shorting out the wires,

6. The side stand relay ( Check all wireing cables, enroute to the side stand relay ) you might find a damaged wire bundle in that area.

7. The Starting Circuit Cut Off Relay.

8. And Cruz control, if your bike has that system.

See, the Block diagram on page 7-1, to trace out the circuit.

If the fuse blows just by turning on the Key, then it will be eaiser to trouble shoot.

Disconnect these items one at a time untill fuse does not blow,

Also, I would pull all 4 plugs, and see what they look like, IF-- one plug is carboned up much worse then the other three, then I would suspect that Ignition Coil, primary winding.

Also, Do the Fuel pump Clicking test. Just turn Key on and listion to the fuell pump, make sure its clicking, about 5 to 10 times. IF NOT--- then open one of the Carb Drain Screws, turn key to ON, and see if the Pump will continiously pump fuel thru that carbs Drain Hose. (OR open all 4 and let the pump flush the bowls )

IF--- pump does not pump fuel thru the drain, then the pump is bad, and might be the cause of the Ing fuse blowing. !!!

Sorry, but your on a witch hunt here. lots of things to check for that can blow that fuse.

Also, pull plugs to TCI and clean,

Also, the problem could be internal in the TCI, If you find nothing else.