Enough's been said about repairing the computer module on this board, but i think there's one thing that's not being mentioned when the dash is out and exposed to the elements.... :-) Replace all the illumination bulbs with new ones, and save yourself the trouble of replacing a burnt out bulb later on down the road.. Why put a repaired dash that's 20+ years old back in without replacing all the bulbs which are pro'bly 20 years old as well? They're the same #158 bulbs used in auto dashes, and can be found at any local auto parts store. They run about $1.50 each and there's about 7 of them. Do it and save yourself some work.....

Condor,

Did you forget to do this part ? :rotf::rotf: I DID.

I been there and done that, Rats

where were you when I had mine out.

Buddy

Nope... but not because I'm a bright candle, but because a couple of the bulbs were burnt out when i redid my dash.... actually the only one burning was lighting up the tach... so I went ahead and replaced them all... For the most part those bulbs are burning when ever the bike is running....day or night. Got to thinking about it, and all the posts on resoldering the module, and had never seen a post about the bulbs. So thought I'd toss the suggestion on the table....:)