IGNORED

Branson MO

Eddie Fulmer

Take 65 out of Branson going south to rt 86 west which turns into hwy 21 in Ark

to hwy 62 west right into Eureka Springs, Ark... it's not but 50.1 miles from Branson.

You and you rwife will really enjoy this historical town.

Park your bike and there are many shops on both sides of the streets.

Do a search on Eureka Springs and you will see what I am talking about.

http://www.eurekasprings.org/

hwy 160 is a good ride, but more so in the eastern part of the state.

I'd just drop a little south and cruise around Lake Bull Shoals on the local roads, or for a faster ride take Hwy 62 over to Mountain Home then back north to hwy 160 into Branson.

Then the next day you could circumnavigate Table Rock Lake.

Any of the secondary roads from Harrison crossing the White River or Norfolk River will be good rides.

Eddie,

Here are a couple of options from a ride I took from Eureka Springs up around the top of Branson and then south across Peels Ferry. If you have been to Branson before, you know to stay off of highway 76 anywhere through town. So stay on the feeder roads north and south of 76 and you won't get stuck in the 76 parking lot.

However 76 west out of Branson is some of the best riding there is in this part of Missouri. Then you could loop down to Roaring River State Park and see the trout farm coming out of a spring in the side of a cliff. From there just head east and work your way back up around Table Rock Lake into Branson.

Then another good ride is 65 up to 160 and pick up 76 again east to 125. 125 will take you down to Peels Ferry where you can work your way back west to 65 into the south side of Branson.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Take 76 east to 160. Follow 160 east to 125 south. Follow that until the road runs into the lake. Sit and wait for the free ferry. Visit with the other bikers that show up while your waiting. It really isn't that long of a wait usually. Look at your map and see how you want to go back. You can get to Hwy 7 kind of round about. 125 is Missouri's Dragon. Anywhere in Northwest Ar. is pretty.

So many options, so little time, but you might want to to up to hit 160 off of 65. Going through Kirbybville is a killer. Lived there for years you can't go wrong with anything except 76. TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!! If you have a whole day go south on 65 to 7 in Harrison Ar. South on 7 to Jasper for a break. East on 74 to 123. South back to 7 and home. Probably the most scenic ride in the midwest.:2cents:

I believe that Mt. Home is the small town where everyone gathers in the downtown area every night and they play bluegrass music. Really cool.

Close but not very. It's actually Mountainview and a very worthy stop at that.

Highway 9 from just north of Mountainview to Melbourne is probably the crookedest road in Arkansas. It is really FUN with some great scenery.

Try Sr14 from Yellville to the intersection of 14, 9 and 5 (Eat at Anglers while you're there) and take SR 9 to Melbourne.

Sorry Eddie that I'm in MD instead of home in Vilonia (one of the gateways to the Ozarks) or we would ride with you.

Lynn