IGNORED

Fork brace group buy....

Hi Jack.

Got mine in the mail today up in Canada. That was fast! Canada Post didn't even charge me for any taxes. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise.

Mine was just slightly tight. Wouldn't just drop in, but after loosening the axle nut and pinch bolts, it tapped in real easy. Once it was straight and true, it dropped right in. I'd say it was a PERFECT FIT. The whole point is that it has to mount securely to the fork sliders, an not just via the bolts.

Looks Great.

Expectations Exceeded.

Unfortunately, I can't go for a ride tonight as I'm waiting for gaskets for my left side covers and my "oil leak turned to starter problem".:Sad_0241:

Oh well. Hopefully I'll have a nice ride on the weekend.

Thanks again for pulling this together.

I am wondering about a group buy for progressive springs and seal kits....

John.

Update after having it a few days.

Nice difference. It's not a "how did I ride this thing without it" change, but it was a change that really made me notice when I had to do some emergency avoidance maneuvers. Plus I dont feel the road snakes as much when leaning on them, it really tightened up the front end so when you slip/grip/slip/grip over the snakes it does not feel like you are on ice anymore.

Second best upgrade I have done so far :) really happy with mine!

Update after having it a few days.

Nice difference. It's not a "how did I ride this thing without it" change, but it was a change that really made me notice when I had to do some emergency avoidance maneuvers. Plus I dont feel the road snakes as much when leaning on them, it really tightened up the front end so when you slip/grip/slip/grip over the snakes it does not feel like you are on ice anymore.

Second best upgrade I have done so far :) really happy with mine!

Right on Tim.. :thumbsup2: Yep, it helps with the little things. I think every 1stGen should have one installed....(shameless plug)... :)

Does the fork brace fit av RSTD also?

I get a little wobble in curves when going a little too fast, not white nucklin & no low tires. Would the brace possibly help? Its an 09.

Thanks

Tommy Cole

Sorry Tommy. The braces are for the 83-93 model Ventures only. Running your front fork pressure a little higher might cure some of the 'wiggles' while carving a turn...?? Possibily going to a more agressive tire might help too...

Hi Condor

thanks for reply. just put on E-3.s would you recomend something else for next time? I think I only have 3 lb in front, Ill try more

thanks

Being a 1stGen rider I'm the last one to ask that question, but... I'm sure there are a bunch of 2ndGen owners that'll chime in with some good advice. Just be prepared for a lot of ideas. It's kinda like asking what's the best oil.... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Condor,

Hate to sound stupid but I read the entire thread and my question is, does this fork brace replace the factory one? or, is it in additional one. My '88 has a fork brace on it already.:8:

No Jim, this replaces the OEM brace which is pretty flimsy. Makes the forks compress together. Big handling improvement in the twisties, on rough roads, and hard braking. It should be a must mod on every 1stGen out there.

• 2 weeks later...
No Jim, this replaces the OEM brace which is pretty flimsy. Makes the forks compress together. Big handling improvement in the twisties, on rough roads, and hard braking. It should be a must mod on every 1stGen out there.

Ok then, I guess I'll have to wait until the next round of manufacturing.

Ok then, I guess I'll have to wait until the next round of manufacturing.

Hi Jim, No need to wait til next time. I had to commit for more than the group buy, so if you'd like to go ahead and pick one up just follow the payment instructions in the Classified Ad.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2158/cat/6/date/1156391368

• 3 weeks later...

I installed Jack's new fork brace this morning. I debated buffing it to a high polish, but decided to install as received:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Tony1M/newbrace.jpg

A couple of light taps with a plastic hammer and the brace dropped right into position.

Torqued to 16 ft-lbs and that was that.

Hey, now I can go off-roading (after a few beers, of course)!!:beer:

Thanks for your great service, Jack.:sign outstanding:

Tony