IGNORED

Friggin bike

highwayrydr

So There i was, home for the weekend. Dad and I are trying to get my bike streetable. It was a salvage bike xvz1300 m/m. I got it torn down. Tank off, fairing off, lights off, seats off. I replaced the headlight bulb, air filters, and battery. I took off the trunk (was destroyed) and removed the six disc and six disc cable. I removed the antenna for the CB and the CB from under the trunk. I then tested the radio system (what was left front speakers). The radio worked fine (even though the control is cracked). I then proceeded to take the cable from the rear of the bike and re-routed it (being extremely careful). i took it all the way out to the gas tank mount and routed it on the other side of the battery. Then dad and i went to his work and machined a nice bracket to mount the antenna down on the crossmember between the saddlebags from a chunk of aluminum. I put the lights fairing seat gas tank and EVERYTHING else back on the bike. I start it up to check it out (started AWESOME) and the radio ................. didn't work. It turned on, and....... Static.. FRIGGIN STATIC, So then ithought well ill try other stations. .NOTHING. static... So i touched the antenna and the tone of the static changed indicating that the antenna was still attached. So after 2 days of work and feeling damn good about myself, excited abotu riding.. and now i have to tear it apart to find out why.

DO you have any idea why? :bang head:

Make sure the CB switch is not turned on. It can run along with the radio. (There is a separate indicator lamp for the CB on the control housing). I know you removed the CB but I suspect there would be problems if it is selected.