IGNORED

clutch question

merrride

My wife just bought a 99,650 V-Star, her hands are small and the clutch does not release until the very end.Im wondering if I missed some kind of ajustment or is it something shes just going to have to live with.By the way this is her first bike and she is very protective of it.:95:

My wife just bought a 99,650 V-Star, her hands are small and the clutch does not release until the very end.Im wondering if I missed some kind of ajustment or is it something shes just going to have to live with.By the way this is her first bike and she is very protective of it.:95:

If it is a hydralic clutch your out of luck. If it is cable actuated, then you should be able to adjust it.

The V Star 650 has a cable clutch. You might put a little slack in the cable. Just make sure the clutch still fully releases.

To fit smaller hands better, you could also literally bend the lever in a little bit. Wedge a block of wood between the lever and the handlebars up near the pivot bolt, and grab ahold of the lever good and pull it back. I did this on my wife's V Star 1100. It would be nice if Y would make these levers adjustable on the cruisers like they do on their sport bikes. One size does not fit all.