IGNORED

Got a question about my lamb.

Snaggletooth

Just had to look didn't you?

Baaaa!

Ok. Here's the deal. I bought a Hartco Lambskin seatcover. Nice addition for those long rides. I bought it used so no care instructions and I've been googling up care and cleaning info on lambskin. It's seems to be a toss up between dry cleaning and machine or hand wash with Woolite or a simliar cleaner.

The Hartco site only refers to toweling it dry after riding in the rain so I'm looking for more info.

Anybody got info on keeping one of these things nice and soft?

Mike

I've got a full true black (not dyed) skin I got at the Lamb and Wool Festival in Maryland.

When I bought it.. WOW.. softest thing I ever felt. Talked to the lady that sold it to me for a bit about care of it...

Hand wash, Woollite if very dirty, air dry, and LOTS of brushing with a round wire metal brush...

I've been lucky and so far haven't had to clean and comb it. It sounds like QUITE a chore.

Find a place that does lambs, look at the lambs standing around and find a big one, put your lamb in line with other ones and make sure it is facing the big one, push your lamb against the lamb in front of it, the other lamb will turn around and butt heads with your lamb and knock it down, when it gets knocked down it will get pieces of corn and stuff caught in its fuzz, the other lambs will go after it trying to eat the food caught in your lambs fuzz, your lamb will start crying and going baahhh baahh real loud, your lamb going baah bahh real loud with make the lambs lick it even more then it would have gotten licked if it hadnt gone baahh bahh, let the other lambs finish doing their thing with your lamb, allow your lamb to get chased by the other lambs after they get done cleaning up the fuzz on your lamb - you will think they are chasing your lamb cause they want more food but they are acutally drying your lambs fuzz - if they dont chase your lamb and dry its fuzz you will have to do it, if you do chase your lamb DO NOT go baah bahh while doing so - I knew a biker from Sanfransico that did that and he was incarcerated for 15 years, apparently this is highly illegal. After chasing your lamb for 1 hour corner it and feel it and see if its fuzz is dry yet, if not you will have to chase it some more. NEVER NEVER NEVER sit on a wet lamb, you will be scarred for life AND you will never be able to find people to ride with again..

Just some free advice

'Puc

This is why I love this site! Another weird and twisted mind at work. Where else can you find so many of them in one place?

And I was afraid that I would be old and alone riding down the highway singing "There Will Never Be Another Ewe".

'puc.............come in on the chorus ok.

Now I'm going to have nightmares about wet lambs.

Baaaah, baaaaaah my pretties. Soon you will be mine. :whistling:

I've been to Montana..........Where the women are scarce and the sheep are veerry nervous.

But back to the serious side. What? Where?

I picked up a bottle of Woolite today and figured I might as well get it over with. Filled up the wash tub with warm water and mixed in the Woolite. Got out some towels and made a kind of frame out of styrofoam to dry the cover on. Going pretty good so far. I took the lambskin out of the bag and I notice I had company. Our cat, Curly, was more than a little interested in the cover. So I laid it down for her and she sniffed, pawed and poked at it for a while. Seemed ok with it. No fight broke out anyway.

Now it started getting a little crazy when I picked up the cover and dropped it in the tub. Curly suddenly went nuts. She was up on the edge of the tub looking at the cover as it went under and prancing back and forth. The look of stunned shock on her face was priceless. It got worse as I started working the water into the cover and holding it under. The damn cat started nipping at my wrists as I tried to hold the cover under. I kept pushing Curly off the edge and she started biting my ankles. I had to stop and put her out of the room. She was sitting on the other side of the door screaming and pulling on the bottom of the door. My daughter came to see what was going on opened the door and Curly blasted back in and was clawing at the cover in the tub. Looked like she was trying to pull it out of the water. My daughter was laughing so hard she was worthless to help me control the cat. I finally got both of them out of the room and finshed the wash job. Took it and ran it through a rinse and spin cycle in the washer to get the Woolite and most the water out of it. Curly didn't see that part. Thank God for that much.

So now the the cover is sitting on the styrofoam frame to dry. It's been there for 2 hours now. Curly has not left it for a second since I put it there. Every time I walk by she flattens her ears and hisses at me. I see the look in her eyes. Murderer! I will say that when I go to bed tonight the cat WILL NOT be in my room and the door will be locked.

She's giving me the creeps.

You're next furball! As soon as the Band Aides come off!

I hope I don't have to wash this thing too often. I'm just not up to this kind of stress.

By the way.......the cover looks good. Maybe now I can wear my thong when I ride. Geese! Did I say that out loud? :stirthepot:

Well Sue, glad ya got a chuckle out of it. I have to admit my daugther and I had a good laugh to. For a while. I laid out the cover to to dry about 1:00 PM today. It's now about 10:30 PM and Curly is still laying next to it. My daughter carried her upstairs this evening and the darn critter went right back downstairs.

When I asked her what we could do to get Curly away from it her suggestion was "lets bury it in the back yard." My new cover! Oh hell no!

She also suggested changing the cats name to "Bay Watch".