Does anybody know if the body parts for all 1st Gen. years are interchangeable? Specifically the fairing and side cover pieces. I have an '86 1300 and was wondering if pieces from an 83-85 1200 will fit it? Thanks.

Yup, with the exeption of the 83 side covers, as there is different bottom attachments & no opening for the fuel valve. There was no reserve position on the 83 fuel valve.... The Mk2 side covers also had vents on the side covers, where the Mk1 are open.

• 3 weeks later...

Colorrite's site doesn't bring up anything but Honda when I type in 1986. I guess they don't carry Yamaha colors that old. Any other thoughts? BTW, my local Yamaha dealer also suggested Colorrite as the place they get all their paint, so I don't think even they can get this color. Maybe from Yamaha, but it will be pricey.

I took my trunk and side panels to a custom bike builder and they took it to an automotive paint supplier and they matched to my good body panels. The only time I can see any difference is in very bright sunshine and I think that is just because there isnt any swirls in the new paint yet.

Brian