I got a question and I hope its not a stupid question. I have never had a bike with a voltmeter on it before so I dont know if this is normal or not. When i have the turn signal on is it normal for the volt meter to go up and down ever so slightly? How about when the brake light is on i notice the volt meter go down a volt or two. Is this normal for these bikes or does this indicate I have a stator about to go out?

I got a question and I hope its not a stupid question. I have never had a bike with a voltmeter on it before so I dont know if this is normal or not. When i have the turn signal on is it normal for the volt meter to go up and down ever so slightly? How about when the brake light is on i notice the volt meter go down a volt or two. Is this normal for these bikes or does this indicate I have a stator about to go out?
mine does it. It seems to be more dramatic if the battery charge is low. If the battery is fully charged it doesn't seem to bounce as much.

There is a different test for the stator. There is a three wire (white wires) plug that comes from the stator which is located on the left side just above and ahead of the passenger foot rest. check the voltage ahead of and behind this plug for AC voltage. Failure or a bad contact at this plug is a common problem. A indicator of problems is yellowing or darking of the wires or plug due to heating up from a bad connection. These three wires are the three field wires from the stator to the voltage regulator. The three fields should be within a ac volt or two somewhere between 11 and 14 voltages. If there is a big difference more than a volt between one or more of the fields. Your stator is going bad.

Edited by Dragonslayer