IGNORED

Is anyone familiar with Fripp Island, SC?

Midrsv

We are planning to visit SC in a few weeks and want to visit Charleston and Savannah. Instead of staying in hotels we have found a reasonably priced house on Fripp Island which appears to be centrally located between the two cities. Does anyone know anything about Fripp Island? From the web it appears that the island is quite restrictive. It's about 80 miles from Charleston and 65 from Savannah. How long will it take to travel to those cities? I've got to pay for the reservation in the next couple of days if we decide to stay there.

Thanks,

Dennis

Just keep in mind that Charleston does not allow bikes in their so called Public garages.

I do not know anything about the island, but maybe someone from the Charleston area will respond.

By the way, let us know when the dates and I know I can get at least one bike to meet, maybe two or more on a Saturday. :whistling:

Fripp Island is really nice if you are wanting to get away from it all. I would say it's the polar opposite from Myrtle Beach. The ride to Charleston will take you 2 hours, maybe just a little longer, the road to Fripp is just a two laner and usually your going to be behind somebody doing less than the posted speed limit.

Just like Sleeperhawk said, if you give a heads up as to when you will be in the area, we can get a small group together and show you some South Carolina hospitality. Might even show you what shrimp and grits are all about.:thumbsup2:

Fripp is a very nice island and you'll enjoy being there. Stop at the Johnson Creek Tavern just before you get to the bridge for some great food. You just have to remember that you'll have to go west before you can go north or south but the isolation is worth the extra drive time.

We plan to arrive on Fripp on Friday 5/8. Our plan it to take day trips to Charleston, Savannah and surrounding areas. So we'll actually spend very little time on the island. We don't plan to buy activity cards so we won't be able to eat at island restaurants. On Saturday the 9th we plan to go to Charleston so my wife can visit some kraft market ane we'll spend the day there sightseeing. There is going to be 5 or 7 of us on 3 or 5 bikes.

DT