IGNORED

Kuryakyn Voltmeter Installation

Midnight

I purchased a Kuryakyn battery/volt meter and hope to install it this week on top of the triple tree emblem. Has anyone else put one of these on. Where do you tie in electrically so as to get as accurate a reading as possible? Thanks Jim

attachment.php?attachmentid=6158&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1172269559

Not sure about how accurate/inaccurate it is, but I clipped mine right into the aux power adapter (cigarette lighter) in the fairing. Mounted it right where you're talking, just on the tank side of the center bolt on the top of the triple-tree.

Those that have these mounted - how many green bars do you typically see while running down the road?

Those that have these mounted - how many green bars do you typically see while running down the road?

I get 2 green bars at all times except at idle immediately after startup or when i have my heated jacket liner on.

DT

i removed the cassette player and installed an aluminplate there instead. then installed the kuryakyn led volt/battery gauge there. i get i solid green light and another green light flashing. this is with my passing lights on at highway speeds. at a stop light/sign i'll have just the one solid green light. i tied mine into my heated grip heaters power line.

don c.