IGNORED

Greetings from Greenland

StarFan

Greetings fellow members.

Of all the places in the world my company sent me to Greenland. Ain´t I lucky? We have projects in USA, Panama, Jamaica, Norway, Denmark and Iceland and I got the lucky draw - GREENLAND of all places. :snow: Haven´t yet figured out what I did wrong! :think:

We are building a water power plant for the town of Sisimiut on the West coast of Greenland for 6.000 inhabitants. The project side is in an isolated fjord 45 miles from the town of Sisimiut and the only way to get to the project side is on snowscooters at this time of year since the fjords are frosen one meter solid. We are having an icebraker brake the ice on Sunday and hopefully we will be lucky enough to be able to sail to the site after next week. I am taking care of business in the town - that is getting all supplies over to the site, organising transport, hiring subcontractors and so forth. The town is not very clean to say the least and the roads all together not much more than around 10 miles if you count every street and alley. Boy do I feel trapped in and lonly.

No motorcycles over 50 cubic inches allowed in Greenland. They did allow them before but the natives drove them like snowscooters and were constantly killing themselves and pedestrians so they banned them. Just could not imagine myself settling down in a place like that. Will be staying here till the 28th. of May and then heading home to meet my family for a couple of days and then VOLLA - "USA Freebirds Maintenance Day" here I come!!!! That is actually keeping me from loosing my mental health. Can´t wait to meet you all.

Weather today - Minus 12C°. Brrrrr,,, cold,,,,,,,,

Attached a couple of pictures just for fun. One of my house, another one of the village and the last but not least of my housekeeper. A lovely lady named Agatha that takes really good care of me. Cooks all my meals, does the shopping, washes my clothes and is just like a mother to me. Always smiling and in a good mood. Would be completely lost without her. Reminds me - Big Tom - will you do my laundry when I come over to your place in June??????????????????????????????

Taters and I both agree.... You better bring your housekeeper along to the USA..Taters will americanize her... Then she'll be able to tell you herself to do your own damn laundry..............ps... don't eat any yellow snow!!!!!!!:fnd_(16):

Taters and I both agree.... You better bring your housekeeper along to the USA..Taters will americanize her... Then she'll be able to tell you herself to do your own damn laundry..............ps... don't eat any yellow snow!!!!!!!:fnd_(16):

I was wondering why it tasted so funny :think:

I´ll bring Agatha with me just in case. Sad story though - Her hubby is from Faroe Islands and looks at her as some kind of a posession and abuses her. She told me all about it tonight and I held her in my arms while she was shedding her tears. Wondering what to do,,,,,,,, Really feel like paying him a visit though I do know that it is not a good idea. After only two days here I love her like my mother. Such a sweet solid person. I did advice her to press charges next time he does this or at least run and come over to my place. I feel helpless in this situation to say the least. Don´t think that b*****g the living daylights out of him will do any good even though I am up to it.

Sorry to burden you with this but had to share it.