IGNORED

Kickstand Length Difference

I have a 97 RSTD.It seems to lean a little to much for me. I have heard their is a difference in length and they are longer on the later models. Does anyone have any input into this. I think the 05 models have a longer stand. If this is so does any one have one the would like to part with.I really would like to find a longer kick stand. Thanks all, Steve

Steve,

The newer stands are indeed longer, but they may be too long for your bike. I had a 1996 Royal Star before I bought the RSV I now ride and the stand on the '96 is almost 3" shorter than the one on the 06'. I am thinking that much difference would make it very difficult if not impossible to put the bike on the stand without it falling over.

The reason I say this is I lowered my RSV front and back and it was tricky with the bike on the stand in my garage. I was afraid if I bumped it, it would fall right over and I lowered the bike 1 1/2" in the rear and 1" in front. With this modification, the RSV is still taller than your Royal Star and I had to shorten the kickstand.