IGNORED

Won 68230-97B Auxilliary Light

I won this used License Plate Holder with Lights (Item# 170318869042) and I am wondering if there is an LED lamp available bright enough for the application (68230-97b).

What would be the color of the wire I should be looking for inside the license plate holder area to connect to the assembly? Is this a straight bolt on? Tips please.

Edited by N3FOL

I couldnt open your link so I cant see what ya won, I put an led lisc. plate holder on my bike. Behind the plate you tie into the Blue wire for running lites and yellow wire for brake lite. Mine was a very easy swap, I just slid the connectors apart put new wire in female connector and slid male in to clamp new wire in, no splices. Craig

Not sure why the link that I add is no longer there. I just completed the transaction and paid for it today. Perhaps you can search eBay via the Item #.

It is the Harley Touring Light Chrome Rear Auxilliary Light

I couldnt open your link so I cant see what ya won, I put an led lisc. plate holder on my bike. Behind the plate you tie into the Blue wire for running lites and yellow wire for brake lite. Mine was a very easy swap, I just slid the connectors apart put new wire in female connector and slid male in to clamp new wire in, no splices. Craig

Hello Craig. Are the wires located right on the plate holder? Have not really looked until I remove the plate holder on my '07.

Hello Craig. Are the wires located right on the plate holder? Have not really looked until I remove the plate holder on my '07.

Ok thats not the one I used, but have you checked the second gen tech section, I think there is a writeup on installing the Harley lites. If you look at your rear fender from the side, behind the Lic plate you will see a chrome bump out-all the wires are in there, tightly coiled up, you just need to carefully separate them and work on one at a time, guess you are gonna need wire colors for turn signals as well. Craig

Craig,

I just intend to use these lights are Run and Brake Lights only. From your reply, I will just look for the Blue and Yellow wire on the RSV...but I need to verify which color wire is the Run and Brake wires on the Harley 68230-97b. Thank You.

Does anyone know what kind of LED lamp I should order to replace the bulbs on the Harley Aux Light part # 68230-97B? I think the assembly takes an 1157 type bulb...I've seen a few on the CustomDynamics website, but still unsure. :puzzled:

Thanks KiteSquid. I will have to triple check the bulb that came with the assembly. The last time I looked, it is an 1157 bulb with contacts on the same plane at 180° of each other...Not Offset and the bottom of the bulb has 2 contacts. This tells me that it is a dual 1157. Most places say that an 1157 bulb will have an offset contact and has two point of contact on the bottom. I think it has an older type 1157 bulb.

My apologies...I guess from the last time I checked the old bulb, it looked like an 1157 with no Offset on the side contacts. I was in a hurry to get to work. :innocent:

Last night, I just confirmed that it is an 1157 with an Offsetted side contact. I ordered the 1.80" LED clusters that should fit the housing. This afternoon, I may go ahead and install the Aux Light/Tag holder.