IGNORED

Windshield bag

dleggett1

I want to purchase a windshield bag for my 2008 royal star venture. I don't know which one to get or where to buy it. Recommendations are appreciated. Thank you?

I have just what you need...

Click on the below link and you can see the 3 windshield bags I had on my RSV.

Take note on how they are attached to the windshiled.

If interested send me a p-email

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1784

I have just what you need...

Click on the below link and you can see the 3 windshield bags I had on my RSV.

Take note on how they are attached to the windshiled.

If interested send me a p-email

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1784

Ok I give Eck, how are they attached or am I missing something:confused24: I'm slow but I'll catch on.

Here is a link to a previous thread on this subject:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33702&highlight=Windshield

Here is a link to the J&M Website to take a look at the bags:

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=43

If I find it anywhere else I'll let you know.

I put the J&M Bag on a couple of weeks ago...Easy On...Works Great...

The above is my original post....If you would like, I'll post a pix....

George in Virginia

Ok I give Eck, how are they attached or am I missing something:confused24: I'm slow but I'll catch on.

If you look at the small left (small) bag, you can see a small chrome acorn nut on the rear edging of the leather bag where it touches the windshield.

Each leather bag has two screws and two chrome acorn nuts (one on each rear edge side) that hold it to the windshield. I drilled small holes through the rear flap on the bags and then match drilled those holes through the windshield. I then inserted small allen head screws with flat washer from front side of windshield and through thw two holes in the bag and installed chrome acorn nut to match the chrome dome nuts ont eh forward flaps of the bags.

People made comments that this will crack the windshield, but those bags have been on my bike for over a year and never cracked the windshield..

Of course, I didnt see how tight I could get them either.......:whistling:, but not one nut ever came loose either..

I put the J&M Bag on a couple of weeks ago...Easy On...Works Great...

The above is my original post....If you would like, I'll post a pix....

George in Virginia

George,

I'd like to see the pix - perhaps one head on (looking at the headlight) and one from the driver's position.

Thanks!

Lynn

If you look at the small left (small) bag, you can see a small chrome acorn nut on the rear edging of the leather bag where it touches the windshield.

Each leather bag has two screws and two chrome acorn nuts (one on each rear edge side) that hold it to the windshield. I drilled small holes through the rear flap on the bags and then match drilled those holes through the windshield. I then inserted small allen head screws with flat washer from front side of windshield and through thw two holes in the bag and installed chrome acorn nut to match the chrome dome nuts ont eh forward flaps of the bags.

People made comments that this will crack the windshield, but those bags have been on my bike for over a year and never cracked the windshield..

Of course, I didnt see how tight I could get them either.......:whistling:, but not one nut ever came loose either..

Very clean looks nice!

George,

I'd like to see the pix - perhaps one head on (looking at the headlight) and one from the driver's position.

Thanks!

Lynn

Lynn: I'll have the pix's link up to you in the next couple of days...Tax season for me and busy....I'll PM you when I post....

George In Virginia

• 3 months later...