IGNORED

Info for Vets

Black Owl

Thought I would post this information here for any of our member Vets who are planning on drawing their Social Security.

Anyone who has served on active duty prior to January 2002 is qualified for a higher SS payment because of their military service at any time during the period of 1957 through 2001. You can qualify for up to $1,200.00 per year of earning creidits applied at time of application. This can make a substantial difference in your month social security payment upon retirement.

You must bring your DD-214 to the SS office. and you must ask for this benefit to receive it.

This is not just for military retirees, but for anyone having active duty service during the eligability period. But You must ask for it.

For additional information, go to www.ssa.gov/retire2/military.htm

Edited by Black Owl

Thought I would post this information here for any of our member Vets who are planning on drawing their Social Security.

Anyone who has served on active duty prior to January 2002 is qualified for a higher SS payment because of their military service at any time during the period of 1957 through 2001. You can qualify for up to $1,200.00 per year of earning creidits applied at time of application. This can make a substantial difference in your month social security payment upon retirement.

You must bring your DD-214 to the SS office. and you must ask for this benefit to receive it.

This is not just for military retirees, but for anyone having active duty service during the eligability period. But You must ask for it.

For additional information, go to www.ssa.gov/retire2/military.htm

Nothin like it, I'm not a retiree from the military but I still qualify. I think it's about $11.00 a month for fighting and dying for my country, You're Welcome.

But I'll take it,

BOO

Copied right from the SS Site:

If your active military service occurred

• From 1957 through 1967, we will add the extra credits to your record when you apply for Social Security benefits.
  • From 1968 through 2001, you do not need to do anything to receive these extra credits. The credits were automatically added to your record.
  • After 2001, there are no special extra earnings credits for military service.

Boomer......who now wonders why the Goobermint is scrooing the Vets after 2001.

I wondered why Soc Sec wanted me to bring a copy of my DD214 when I applied last fall.

BTW, good thing there's Soc Sec, because the 401K I thought I was going to live on has become next to worthless. It seems someone else managed to spend all my savings for me.