IGNORED

cooler rack/trailer mount rack

Guest seuadr

Guest seuadr

i've seen a few posts here talking about trailer hitch mounted racks.

my question is, what kind of weights would you recommend limiting it to, and if anyone has built their own hitch, any caveats?

i'm in college right now, and am taking alot of welding classes. I feel pretty confident about being able to fab a rack and trailer hitch up, but obviously, not having done it before, any tips would be hugged and loved and called george.

I would like to make it out of aluminium, mostly to hold camping gear (cooler, tent, mostly light stuff) but i haven't priced out and cleared with the soon to be boss ( getting married on the 30th of may ) on what sort of welder is acceptable. I might have to settle for mild steel. :D

thanks in advance, guys!

i've seen a few posts here talking about trailer hitch mounted racks.

my question is, what kind of weights would you recommend limiting it to, and if anyone has built their own hitch, any caveats?

i'm in college right now, and am taking alot of welding classes. I feel pretty confident about being able to fab a rack and trailer hitch up, but obviously, not having done it before, any tips would be hugged and loved and called george.

I would like to make it out of aluminium, mostly to hold camping gear (cooler, tent, mostly light stuff) but i haven't priced out and cleared with the soon to be boss ( getting married on the 30th of may ) on what sort of welder is acceptable. I might have to settle for mild steel. :D

thanks in advance, guys!

I'm making mine out of aluminum..

All the metal came from a salvage yard,but will polish up real nice.With the LED tailites,I will have about 65 bucks invested....

I'm going to try to limit the weight of cargo to 10 or 12 pounds.......

Congrats on the wedding....Make sure you buy all your toys,tools and gadgets before you say "I Do".......:whistling::rotfl::rotfl: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Guest seuadr

Congrats on the wedding....Make sure you buy all your toys,tools and gadgets before you say "I Do"......

nice thing about that is, after the wedding, we are going to buy an 87 or 88 venture a family friend has left neglected in a heated garage, so we can do bike camping together.

:173: