IGNORED

Flying motorcycle

wes0778

There used to be a guy alive here in Amarillo who used this same pusher-prop idea in a dune buggy frame. It was licensed for the street and he also used it as such (yes, I've seen it). One day, he had pulled the engine and mounted it on his engine stand to service it while it was running, he had been drinking a few beers also. He forgot to secure the engine stand to the wall with a chain as was customary. He did not survive the assault that followed and could not shut the engine off to save himself. Herein lies the flaw with using pusher-prop technology in a land based vehicle. Someone is gonna get too close to that blade and get themselves killed.

Looks like that would take care of Car Jackers...... just slice -N- Dice.....

There used to be a guy alive here in Amarillo who used this same pusher-prop idea in a dune buggy frame. It was licensed for the street and he also used it as such (yes, I've seen it). One day, he had pulled the engine and mounted it on his engine stand to service it while it was running, he had been drinking a few beers also. He forgot to secure the engine stand to the wall with a chain as was customary. He did not survive the assault that followed and could not shut the engine off to save himself. Herein lies the flaw with using pusher-prop technology in a land based vehicle. Someone is gonna get too close to that blade and get themselves killed.

I have a pilot's license. Anything (10ft?) off the ground is FAA territory. You'll need a (Recreational?) license, then there's local laws, traffic laws, safety inspections, safety requirements to be ground licensed. There's training requirements, physicals, insurance (air and ground) and on and on.....

Where you going to land/takeoff at work in a city?

So you work on a farm or at an airport, OK.

I have a pilot's license. Anything (10ft?) off the ground is FAA territory. You'll need a (Recreational?) license, then there's local laws, traffic laws, safety inspections, safety requirements to be ground licensed. There's training requirements, physicals, insurance (air and ground) and on and on.....

Where you going to land/takeoff at work in a city?

So you work on a farm or at an airport, OK.

The one is the video is ultralight category, no license required. No training requirements (if you don't care about living through it) and with a prespun rotor, autogyros can usually take off in about 30 feet. Most of them can land with a zero roll out, with judicious power control, braking and lots of practice.

FWIW, the only thing that "flying motorcycle" has a patent on is the main landing gear setup. It is "supposed to" withstand an engine out landing with no frame damage. Most autogyros will do an engine out landing safely but the frame most often takes damage, especially if airspeed hasn't been maintained for a proper flare before touchdown. That is what the landing gear design on that thing is supposed to prevent. Other than that, it is a standard "Benson" type autogyro.

Oh, BTW, I want one too. :hihi: Probably would go for something like this: http://taggart.glg.msu.edu/gyro/gbee.htm

Before spending $25k on a kit for the same thing.