IGNORED

CB Antena Chip Fix

stardbog

Here is tip how to fix CB antenna if has snap by black plastic coil.

I Have VentureRider antenna flag hang on cb antenna. was Good for couple months, and I was confident is secure,and my CB antenna was safe. Oh boy I was wrong. On one of rides on expressway with high head wind CB antenna is just snap. Call my dealer to see how much is Yamaha replacement, and Rep. supprice me with price ~$200.00.

Next Step was this site and i have bunch of suggestions. Firestick Was one of them, but I didnt like how look, as well if I have to replace CB antena ,AM/FM has to be replaced to match look. Some Additional Harware is Involved to fold antennas for Rain cover. Midland car magnetic antenna is pick my attencion Midland 18-2442 Mag Mount Antenna.

http://joe.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p634299dt.jpg X Close Window And looks like this one.

Antenna is connected to Magnetic Base with M6 ( Metric 6 mm )

Yamahas antena top is made from brass and cromed so i'm drill 4,5mm and make M6 tread.

Next step is to find M6 screw and cut off head and use as post. Twist on antenna and job is done.

Total Cost Is $20.

Friend of mine Has SWR Meter and he is test antenna before I Start using, and was no need to tune. Check Out Pic's