IGNORED

Fairing Split: Things to do

Hey good people, I just picked up my '09 Venture last Sunday and due to a hand injury a month ago, I'm unable to ride my new scoot for at least another 2 weeks or more. :crying: So in the meantime, since I bought myself a truck load of chrome, I have plenty of time to accessorize and customize my bike to pass time till I actually do get to ride.

I've been reading past posts in regards to what to do under the fairing after you've split it but I can't recall where to find them again so through this thread, I'd appreciate your input on things to do once you've pulled the fairing apart by helping me put together a 1-2-3 list of the things required. I'd really like to do this as a one time thing unless something drastic happens later. I have a few accessories that require pulling the fairing so while I'm under there, I'd like to be able to get all the jobs done in one shot. (I recall things like adding dialectric grease to electric connectors, rerouting a jack input for the MP3, adding a second accessory plug etc.) So with your help, we can compile a nice list that others can utilize too. I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.......

Bluez :cool17:

my .02, based on my limited experience with my '07 (but you've already beat me to some of these)

1) dielectric grease on all connections with the stereo/cb

2) change the crappy stock Clarion speakers to Polk's (much better sound quality)

3) Add or split the cassette deck wiring to add a separate jack for MP3

4) (and MOST important) BE CAREFUL removing that darned chrome strip covering the bolts holding the windshield in place...$100 to replace that part.

Best of luck!!:thumbsup2:

2) change the crappy stock Clarion speakers to Polk's (much better sound quality)

Hey, I never thought of that. Anyone know off hand what size speakers to buy to replace the stock ones? And what about an amplifier? Any suggestions?

Bluez :cool17:

my .02, based on my limited experience with my '07 (but you've already beat me to some of these)

1) dielectric grease on all connections with the stereo/cb

3) Add or split the cassette deck wiring to add a separate jack for MP3

4) (and MOST important) BE CAREFUL removing that darned chrome strip covering the bolts holding the windshield in place...$100 to replace that part.

Best of luck!!:thumbsup2:

Not sure why we need to split off MP3 from the Cassette player. Doesn't it already have an MP3 connection. :scared: Atleast that is what I was told the jack was on the side of the cassette.:think::think: I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet to test it, but am curious.

thanks

Not sure why we need to split off MP3 from the Cassette player. Doesn't it already have an MP3 connection. :scared: Atleast that is what I was told the jack was on the side of the cassette.:think::think: I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet to test it, but am curious.

thanks

Well, the splitter comes in handy if you put in a GPS. You plug the GPS into one line and then you can still use the plug next to the cassette deck for your MP3.

I would suggest that you install the Mic-Mutes while you have it apart.... great add on if you ride 2-up, they cut out the road noise untill one of you wants to talk... very happy with mine and a member here makes and sells them, sorry I can`t remember his name, but maybe some one will chime in.. Have fun !!!

K

:Venture:

thanks

It does, and it works fine. I just didn't like having the cassette door open the whole time, plus the wiring can be run under the ignition switch cover thingy, alongside the headset wiring. This way there's not a wire flopping around the handlebars that could possibly get caught on something or interfere with my "steering".