IGNORED

Its been two years

pktexas

This weekend was two years since my son, wife and I took the motorcycle safety coarse and getting hooked on riding. We all started right away after buying a virago 250 to gain practice. Then I moved up to a vstar 1100 custom and my son an R6. The wife stayed with the 250 till this last xmas when I found a good deal on my 05 RSV. She now rides the 1100 or rides two up. I met up with her today at her job and we rode home, beautiful day here in Texas. I have enjoyed joining this group after I got the Venture and have learned a great deal from everyone. Looking forward to many more years of VENTURERIDERS events. Just wanted to say that learning to ride and buying my Venture and has been the best. See you down the rode. THANKS

:Venture:

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey let me say welcome to two wheels and this group too. Ive been riding for a few decades and as far as I'm concerned, cars are the odd vehicle type. Planes, Boats, and Bikes all bank when turning...cars dont and maybe we should outlaw the damn things huh?

:cool10:

Anyway, enjoy.

GREAT!!!!!

Have you thought about continuing education for rider safety?????

You might want to get the Ride Like a Pro V DVD (1-5 contain mostly the same stuff but the production values and some of the finer points are better described as the numbers go up, so you DO NOT NEED 1-4)

or possibly picking up the book Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David L. Hough??? Get the 2nd edition as it has a CD with lots more stuff on it.

To save on shipping you might also get More Proficient Motorcycling: Mastering the Ride by David L. Hough.

The above three items along with the book you get at the MSF rider course are IMHO the minimum to have on you bookshelf... well next to the factory service and parts manuals for your bikes.