IGNORED

Front Brake Rotor Covers

Ohh - Probably a dee dee dee question -

I pulled my front wheel expressly to remove the * unsightly * rotor covers from my otherwise lovely RSTD. For some reason I can't for the life of me find the wrench to fit those bolts. My trusty metric hex set says no! What up? It's not Torx is it? Am I hallucinating?

Mine are covered up by full rotor covers, and I don't remember what kind of bolts they are. Either a 6mm allen or some size of Torx, I think. The right side cover has a damper on the inside of it. Don't be surprised if your front brakes sing without the covers/dampers whenever you use them. If it happens, you'll know what I mean.

What's funny is that a lot of people who have these take them off and think it looks better. And a lot of people who don't have them put them on and think it looks better.

Ya, I understand. "Grass is always greener" syndrome. I guess if my brakes sing, I will have asked for it. Maybe they'll cancel out the clutch basket! I pulled the brakes to check the pads - 35,000 miles - They look practically new! Amazing! Anyway, I just thought I'd pull those covers to see what I could see.

• 9 months later...

Starkruzen: Tehehe I think I bought the last set. I paid about $700 for both wheels. :thumbsup2:

It ended up that the rear one was out of true and I have now quit using it. Instead I picked up a used Venture wheel with the silver coloured spokes, and then polished out the outside part because that's all you can mostly see anyhow with the saddlebags on.

Jardine was closing out their wheel program when I bought these in 2007....

Thanks for the complement!