Well i went and done it. I pulled the clutch cover and removed seven friction plates. It appears that the last plate and disc are held in by some sort of retaining ring does anyone know how to remove them. Also i thought i was paying closer attention but i noticed one friction plate has a single square mark instead of the two circular notches like the rest. If any one knows where its supossed to be located this would be helpful. Any help would be great as i only want to pull it once and do it right the first time. :confused24:

There is a small wire ring that's holding the last two plates in. Just find the ends of it and pull it out. The square notched plate goes on last, with the wide notch going towards the 2 circle marks on the clutch boss. Also align the double circle notches on the other plates with the 2 circles on the clutch boss. When you reinstall the pressure plate, line up the small circle towards the edge of the plate with the circle embossed on the interior of the clutch boss. You should be able to "pop" the cover to fit in between the "fingers". If not, you must rotate it to fit till it does, or you will not be able to operate the clutch.

Good luck,

Dan

PS, there is also a first gen service manual in the 1st gen tech library on here, under the "Forums" tab.

There is a small wire ring that's holding the last two plates in. Just find the ends of it and pull it out. The square notched plate goes on last, with the wide notch going towards the 2 circle marks on the clutch boss. Also align the double circle notches on the other plates with the 2 circles on the clutch boss. When you reinstall the pressure plate, line up the small circle towards the edge of the plate with the circle embossed on the interior of the clutch boss. You should be able to "pop" the cover to fit in between the "fingers". If not, you must rotate it to fit till it does, or you will not be able to operate the clutch.

Good luck,

Dan

PS, there is also a first gen service manual in the 1st gen tech library on here, under the "Forums" tab.

Thanks for the great info, just what i needed

Matt :thumbsup: