IGNORED

Carbtune versus Motion Pro SyncPro

hairman

Is the Motion Pro like the Carbtune? Does one work just as good as the other? I'll try to post a picture but just in case it doesn't work the ebay # is 200322868924.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m37.l1313%26satitle%3D200322868924%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=200322868924&viewitem=

motion pro's web site is http://www.motionpro.com/

Motion Pro's Sync Pro tool is here http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0411/

The two tools are simmular but IMHO the Motion Pro is better as it is a liquid gugage vice a stainless steel rod sliding in a calibrated bore.

The Carbtune can get stuck or give inaccurate readings if dirt gets in it.

The advatage to the Carbtune is it can be transported in a saddle bag in any position as there is no liquid to spill.

I have a four channel mercury Manometer, which is IMHO bettter than either of the above, but it is filled with merucury, which is not toxic, but the oxide and most any salts of Mercury are......

Oh well, I guess I cant have my carb sitcks and eat em too......

I have both...I bought the Motion Pro first. Easier to get and cost a little less. I could set the carbs at Idle but not much over idle....it would try to suck the fluid out of it. Calibration is a pain with the Motion pro to me. The Motion pro got to where I could not calibrate it after about 3 times to use it. I cannot calibrate it now...one channel is screwed. I am probably gonna throw it in the trash real soon.

I fully prefere the Morgan. I purchased mine off Ebay and Pay Pal made the converstion for me. It arrived within a week no problems...Plus if there is a problem Pay Pal will fix it and if you have Pay Pal hooked to a Credit card that is another layer of protection for you.

Mercury is the best of all if you could ever find one that you could get your hands on.

I purchased a mercury set NEW about 3 months ago, but the website has removed them.... I guess they ran out, or the EPA got after them...

The only issue I have with mercury is I have to remove the mercury to transport it, but I use it at home only, so far, so I am quite happy.

I have two (plus some Davida dial gauges which I don't count).

I have a MotionPro mercury set of gauges - I had been looking out for mercury gauges which I believe are most accurate. They are shorter than the Morgan mercury gauges I had access to years ago, but are still fairly easy to use, although as CMIK says, if you over-rev, the short height means the mercury sometimes reaches the top or bottom limit and you then have to fiddle to get the air bubbles out. Condensation can also mean that there is a tiny inaccuracy. Overall, though, I'm very pleased.

The Morgan Carbtune with the stainless steel sliders is a very good, robust system which you can keep packed away, but will always be ready to use when you get them out. Very easy to use and much, much better than dial gauges.

I do think that the mercury may be slightly more accurate, though.

That's the choice, absolute accuracy or ease of use. They're both good buys.

I have no experience of the Pro-Motion mercury free gauges - if it's not mercury in them, then how would they get the same accuracy without the fluid bouncing up and down like mad ? Someone who has them will have to explain exactly how they work.