IGNORED

Road King Muffler Mod?

mashley

Can someone point me a thread that show modifiying to RK pipes for a little more sound. I just put a set on my '08 RSTD would like a little more sound, not much more though. The pipes did not have the cat. Converters in them. Thanks!

This is how I did mine. One had a converter in it, but they both worked exactly the same.

I used a hole saw slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the REAR of the muffler. It takes a while to saw through the cone because of the angle of the metal, but it will cut through it.

The entire guts of the mufflers simply fall out when you turn the rear end downward.

Leave the insulation and the net wire that holds the insulation against the outside wall of the muffler in place.

I then took the assembly that came out and cut the outlet pipe off about 1 1/2" - 2" from the cone.

Now while holding the cone back in place just as it came off, tack weld it in place and then weld all around it. Finish the job with high temp black paint inside the cones.

You obviously need a welder or a friend who has one, but this in one heck of a lit easier than trying to drill holes, cut and twist metal out of the front inlet pipe. I will never try to work from the inlet end of a muffler again.

My pipes are the straight cut ones, but you can do the same on the slash cuts.

Jeff

Can someone point me a thread that show modifiying to RK pipes for a little more sound. I just put a set on my '08 RSTD would like a little more sound, not much more though. The pipes did not have the cat. Converters in them. Thanks!

There is a write up on the Delphi Forum start page, down at the bottom for RK mods;

http://forums.delphiforums.com/vrider/start

Also, here on the forum there is a write up with pics if you want to do some mod work from the stock cans;

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=507