My ignition switch is acting weird. It only works when IN BETWEEN the ACCESSORY position and the RUN position. It takes a little finagling to get it in the right spot. Then I'm afraid I'm gonna hit a bump and it will fall out of the spot and I'll lose all power. :eek:

Is there a way to rebuild/refurbish it?

I'd kinda like to eliminate it as an electrical source and replace with a discreet switch somewhere. I'd keep it for the lock feature, though. Any thoughts on how to do this? I'd love to have a switch that turns on the brake & running lights for those nights when I pull over on the road. And another to power the ignition...just like the General Lee. :hihi:

````````````````````

On another vein, I seem to recall mods being done to reduce the electrical load through the switch...can someone help me out with those mods? What they are, how they're done and the benefits. :) (This is in case I just replace the switch itself.)

Thanks gang!

Well the biggest load would be to put a Relay in the Headlight circuit. Use the normal circuit to turn on the relay.

Also, the fuel pump--

Also, the tail light and any other running lights you are useing.

If you switch is acting up, might as well order a new one. Just a matter of time

If you switch is acting up, might as well order a new one. Just a matter of time

Figured as such. It wouldn't even start tonight. Cranks, lights, no spark. :(

Okay after a little more searchin' I see there are TONS of threads about this.

I need to talk to Albertaclipper about this post! http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=308450&postcount=10

It's exactly what I want to do!

Edited by Monsta

replace it and be done with it. I got mine from Buckeyesports.com I think that's the url. Rick, helped me get the right parts and I was able to take apart the switch and use the same key that fit everything else. It's not really all that hard. Good luck with your project.