IGNORED

87 needs a little help

nyjerry

I have a 87 venture and it has been running fine for the last two years. About two weeks ago I went for a ride and it stalled out on me while going about 30-35 mph. It felt like it ran out of gas. I got it started again but had to keep playing with the choke. It did this for about 10 min. then cleared up and ran good. About a mile later it started again.I've had fuse problem before so I checked the fuse box and the ignition felt loose but after playing with it, the bike started and smoothed out. I put a new inline fuse holder in and the bike been running great till today. Today It did the same thing, feels like its out of gas. Starts running rough, no power could not make it up a small hill. I was able to keep starting it and limp to a friends house. Then it just started to run fine again. Road it home around a 15 mile ride with no problem.

Any helpful hints or has anyone had the same problem. It was in the 90 here today and thought about vapor locking, but it never had problem on hotter days. Jerry

Take all of the connector on the bike apart and use some dielectric grease on them to eliminate that being the problem.

It kind of sounds like you might have water in the fuel these bikes dont like to run at all with just a little water in the system seafoam it and let us know.

Jeff