IGNORED

Almost dropped the Venture yesterday!

Who Dey

Hi Who Dey

I got my 86vr used and while it had been well cared for mechanicaly,the presious owner had a disability and his dismount involved droping her.==beat to hell.

It turned out to be a blessing.My previous ride was a Bridgstone 175cc---30yr.ago. I wouldn't hazzard a guess how many times I've picked the 86 up(not admiting I droped it) but I'm going to go lean on the donation button a while.:innocent:

I was in the market to buy a bike last year around May. Went to look at a bike on a rainy may day. Anyways the guy showed me the bike in his garage that has one of those epoxy floors. Well I sat on the bike and kicked the kick stand up and next thing I know my foot slipped on the wet epoxy floor and down she went. Needless to say I was embarrased. I ended up buying the bike.

Hey Terry,

I purchased my 87'VR last spring. I had an 86'VR for about 6 years, 15 years ago. I am 6' tall and weigh about 185 soaking wet. When I took the 87'VR for a few rides I didn't feel very comfortable on it, not like I did on the 86'VR 15 years ago. George S mentioned to me that you need to be "In Shape" to ride these big bikes. I started doing squats, curling dumbbells, and most important of all, stretching before I go for a ride. I know this sounds like I'm taking all of the fun outta' a ride on your bike but being out of shape is the easiest way to hurt yourself or your passenger. In my case, the beating I would take from Jean if I ever dropped my VR with her on the back makes a few push-ups and a few sit-ups childs play.:pushups: My bike is now a pleasure to drive, and I feel much better because I physically feel better!

Just a thought,

Earl

dead on. Get out and walk more and exercise more to get stronger for the bike. It really makes a big difference. After my winter of being a couch potato hiding indoors I cent move my bike as easily as I did in October when I put her up for the winter.