IGNORED

Need advise on smokey mt ride.

Kross Kountry

Four of us are headed to eastern Tenn. in late June for a six day vacation in the great Smokey Mts. This will be our first extended motorcycle tour and the first time to the area. My wife and I will be on our 08 RSV and our friends are taking thier 08 GLwing with a piggybacker. I would like to hear some about your favorite towns, sites, motels, resturants and twisty roads. Any advise on things to avoid would be welcome as well.

Thanks for your help.
:thumbsup:

you may wanto to see chaternooga, several area to visit. they should have a website to visit and get imfo. you may want to tour out hwy 64 from cleveland and ride along the river over into Nc and visit tail of the dragon and cherahola parkway. if you going up around knoxville and into townsend and piegon forge area has some good roads to ride. asheville Nc has the blue ridge parkridge is a great ride north or south. there's several members aorund in the area, that probly will chime-in on it.

Four of us are headed to eastern Tenn. in late June for a six day vacation in the great Smokey Mts. This will be our first extended motorcycle tour and the first time to the area. My wife and I will be on our 08 RSV and our friends are taking thier 08 GLwing with a piggybacker. I would like to hear some about your favorite towns, sites, motels, resturants and twisty roads. Any advise on things to avoid would be welcome as well.

Thanks for your help.
:thumbsup:

Oak Ridge, Tenn. has an awesome museum, and is a pretty area as well. The museum is dedicated to the folks who took part in the design and development of the big bomb....Hiroshima and Nagasaki if my memory serves me right. It certainly deserves a visit, the history contained there is amazing. We have done the Smokies a couple of times, there are countless roads to travel...the Cherahola is probably one of the better ones to ride for scenery, and Pigeon Forge, heck, ya have to stay a night-day, day-night in Pigeon Forge.

randy:smile5:

Make sure you go to the Smokey Mountain Brewery in Gatlinburg If you are a Beer drinker and get yourself a Mountain Light, best beer in the world i promise you. They have a band after 9pm at night also. There is also one in Pigeon Forge but the one in Gatlinburg is better. Bring me back a case pleeeease!!!:guitarist 2:

Cades Cove is a place to see , just don't go there during busy times. The roads in the park arn't in the best of shape so its hard to ride at a slow speed two up. The last time my wife and I were there we got to see four black bears. one ran across the road in front of the car that was in front of us. Also go and see the Tuckaleechee caverns in Townsend Tenn. Realy cool!!!! My wife and I went there in 06 and 07 and we had a ball. The people down there were so nice. Have fun and take a lot of pictures.

Thanks for your help.

You must visit Rock City and Ruby Falls near Chattanooga. Anytime we go there that is always on our list. Ruby Falls is a waterfall inside of a mountain. Very cool!

If you are going to be in Gatlinburg, go on over the mountain on 441 and visit Cherokee, NC, You can also get on the Blue Ridge Parkway there and go back to Asheville. It goes up to more than 6,000 feet. This is the most majestic part of the Parkway. It is a shame you are not going to be there around July 10th as that is when we are looking at the Asheville rally.

To be honest with you, there is at least a month of good riding in that area.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

On your way there go thru Lynchburg, TN and tour Jack Daniels. I don't drink and it was still very interesting.

You must ride the Cherohala Skyway; better than the dragon for scenery, and its on the way. (include the Fontana Dam loop from Robbinsville.

Any part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, especially the stretch from Soco? gap to Balsam Gap

All:photographing: