IGNORED

LED rear bumper

bull463

Hi All

Just finished rewireing my rear bumper. I put LEDs in and took out the incandesint bulbs. Looks nice and it wasnt a bad job. I did it all for under 30.oo bucks. I wanted to reduce the load on the elec, system hope it does that. Ill see if I can get some pics.

Tom :225:

Hi,

Sound great to me. I have a 1st Gen Mk II 1986 and would love to know the details. I have the factory bumper (cracked) but with the regular bulbs and have them on an accessory fuse and switch to reduce load on the battery. If you get a chance, let me know what and where you got the bulbs, etc, and the steps in the rewire.

Thanks.

POLEDAR...:think:

superbrightleds.com sells them fairly cheap for the wedge bulbs... always use the LED color of the lens it goes behind.

I've written these up several times... it's ESPECIALLY needed for those that have the front disc rotor covers... two incadescents in each side and they MELT the nice orange lens... no orange lenses are available !!!!

I put a single, side illuminating LED (red) in each of my rear running light locations and they have been great! Less current (4 watts reduced to 1/4 watt for each!)

http://superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR

wled-r-x 120 degree viewing angle almost at the bottom of the page... 79 cents!!!

Hi

I got my LEDs from JOE FLORIDA he is on EBAY and some other web sites just do a search on google for his name life time warrenty and good guy to deal with. I got 11 LEDs for under 30.00 bucks. They went in easy and look great.

Tom