IGNORED

scary bargain on ebay.

Snarley Bill

today i was bidding on a brand new 460 progressive rear shock and spring still in the box, for my gold wing on ebay. it lists for $604.00. the best price i have seen was $509.00. on ebay there was a buy now price of $425.00 with $12.00 shipping. i jumped in on the bidding. since i was going to get some sleep. i dropped a max bid in of $250.00. when i signed off i was high bidder at $104.50. any way the auction ended at midnite so i get up and was expecting the other bidders to kisk butt at the last minute. not so. i got the shock for 104.50 plus the shipping. the seller has 100% positive feedback. needless to say i'm flying high on the best buy i ever made on ebay by far. now we will see if the seller keeps his 100% feedback. kind of scary. :)

today i was bidding on a brand new 460 progressive rear shock and spring still in the box, for my gold wing on ebay. it lists for $604.00. the best price i have seen was $509.00. on ebay there was a buy now price of $425.00 with $12.00 shipping. i jumped in on the bidding. since i was going to get some sleep. i dropped a max bid in of $250.00. when i signed off i was high bidder at $104.50. any way the auction ended at midnite so i get up and was expecting the other bidders to kisk butt at the last minute. not so. i got the shock for 104.50 plus the shipping. the seller has 100% positive feedback. needless to say i'm flying high on the best buy i ever made on ebay by far. now we will see if the seller keeps his 100% feedback. kind of scary. :)

I've had this happen to me one time also. Last year I was bidding on a $600 GPS. It had no reserve, and I entered a max of around $250. Went to bed as the high bidder at $101, and was shocked the next morning to see that I won the item at that price. I am convinced though that in my case it was because there was virtually no "salesmanship" done by the seller. Very poor listing....only one picture and a very skimpy description. If you weren't already familiar with this particular model you wouldn't have known what a great unit it was.

So, there are 2 lessons here, at least for me:

1. If selling an item, do your homework. Look at similar items that have sold for a good price. Analyze the listing and see what works, then use it.

2. If looking for a particular item on ebay, try to find and focus on listings that are lacking in descriptive language or good pictures. I've seen countless listings like these that don't bring a very good price.

Glad you got such a good deal, Snarley!

Joe

I got a clutch assembly off ebay a few days ago. But due to the crappy way it was packed in the box, it was broken when I got it. Just as well i guess seeing as that the basket is extremely worn and I wouldn't use it anyway. Seller said, "Part was 100% Operable when removed With no slippage while operating". It may have still been operable, but it's junk. Kind of tough to see that kind of stuff from a picture. It can be seen plain as day just by taking a quick look at it. I sent an e-mail to the seller but still haven't received a response back yet.Go figure! Luckily I've been using a credit card for all ebay transactions after I got screwed by another seller a couple years back. None of the ebay, paypal, or any of the other, "buyer protection", was of any use what so ever. In the end, the seller had my money, and I had junk I couldn't use and lost my 100% positive feedback.

:buttkick: Ever since I've been using the credit card and have this, "buyer beware", feeling.

Almost forgot to ask, has anybody used this type of clutch on their first gen.?

Item number: 330308236017

Update: The seller got back to me and is willing to give me a full refund including shipping and return shipping.

Edited by a1bummer