IGNORED

looking at a '08 venture

have an '06 stratoliner. thinking of purchasing an '08 venture. we' re going on a ride out to the upper west coast this summer and was wondering if the upgrade was worth it.

have nothing but good things to say about the stratoliner, but was looking for more comfort on a long drive. any help would be appreciated...

Were pretty biased here towards the Venture, they are one of the very best touring bikes out there. I can tell you that my wife and I in '06 did a 28 day 10000 mile romp across the country on my then '99. You will not regret upgrading to the Venture, the comfort is top notch and we did several 750+ mile days during our trip.

BTW have you found an '08 that your thinking about?

The Venture is a machine of its own right, If you love the present ride you would be wise to have both. At the price of Ventures you can have both and still be under the cost of a new ultra (38,000.00). I have the '07 Venture and never expected the performance and the comfort that it affords. You can say I'm a die hard rider and still love my HD Lowrider. Have both and you won't be sorry. The Pete Mann

I havent got to ride a stratoliner yet but would love to some time, so I can only tell you that after going from my honda sabre 1100 I wouldnt go back if I had to only have one bike. The comfort and features on the venture are much better than most of the other bikes I tried, I didnt try the ultra or the goldwing but did ride alot of others before making mychoice. I couldnt buy a used bike with all the stuff and comfort for what I paid for the 08 venture I got last year. The only thing you will have to get used to is it being top heavy but after awhile you dont notice it. Good luck!